Pro-106 - Simlcast Sites and "Multi-Site" Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Alright folks,

I am in Chisago County, 3 miles from the Comm Center. I am aware that Scanners do not handle Simlcast Systems all that well, however, I have looked under the FCC Callsigns under the "Chisago-Isanti" section under the MN ARMER Page. I have entered the Frequencies under "Center City's" Tower and have had improvement in reception.

I currently own a RS Pro-106 Scanner.. Would it be best to have the "Multi-Site" set to "On" with "Stat" and "Check all CC"s, "Roam" and or "Off" for best reception with this particular System..

I have looked at Radio Reference and have found information on Mutli Site Trunking, but non of them make a whole lot of sense to me. I do find that I do get better and more reception with Multi Site being on and checking all CC's.. Since it doesnt just loke onto one, and stay there.

Thanks!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Since Chisago-Isanti is a Simulcast site, there is only one set of frequencies. Each site uses the same frequencies. Each site has the same control channel active at the same time. Each site has the same voice channels active at the same time.

1. There is no difference programming in the Center City frequencies than there is programming in some other physical transmitter site [within the simulcast] frequencies. There is one set of frequencies, period.

2. Multisite isn't going to make a difference. It should be turned off on a Simulcast. It is not going to improve anything to have it on. The only thing you should have programmed in are the actual frequencies listed as control channels.

If you think that turning multisite on makes a difference, or if programming Center City frequencies in is better than programming in the frequencies listed on the main page, it's just a figment of your imagination. No offense, really -- but there is nothing to be gained by turning multisite on or adding every frequency [including voice channels]. You're better off with Multisite off and only the control channels.

Mike

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Alright, this brings another question... What is the point of having all of those "extra" Frequencies listed if they are not used? The non Control and Alternate Control Channels.

mike6454

Chisago county

The main toweris in Isanti county-canbridge.
I just moved from Forest lake to the cities
I could never get chisago county in at all,other than patchy garble now and then.
your to far away

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
The main toweris in Isanti county-canbridge.
I just moved from Forest lake to the cities
I could never get chisago county in at all,other than patchy garble now and then.
your to far away

There is a tower at the Comm Center in Center City... I find that when I go past it, I get great reception... Haha

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes if you know of a tower in the area thats not on the simulcast system generally you'll find it will carry some of the same talkgroups for your county. All be it though generally those nearby towers (site neighbor) will carny just the main dispatch channels and not all the proprietary TG's.
If you have a tower like that then you can use the stat option by adding that towers freqs. Then you wont have to deal with the simulcast garbling if the radio gets a signal off the nearby non simulcast tower.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Yes if you know of a tower in the area thats not on the simulcast system generally you'll find it will carry some of the same talkgroups for your county. All be it though generally those nearby towers (site neighbor) will carny just the main dispatch channels and not all the proprietary TG's.
If you have a tower like that then you can use the stat option by adding that towers freqs. Then you wont have to deal with the simulcast garbling if the radio gets a signal off the nearby non simulcast tower.

How do I determine if a tower is not on the Simlcast System? If it's not listen under the ARMER Page here on RR?

Status
Not open for further replies.