Pro-106 Talkgroup confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

gospelgrunt

Premium Subscriber
Hello all! I'm very new to the world of radios and scanners, so I apologize if this is a stupid question.... which it probably is since I can't find anyone else with this problem. I am trying to learn how to program my scanner manually before I use the software, just so I know how, and I have managed to program a trunked talkgroup successfully with scanlist 1 only selected, then programmed several conventional objects with scanlist 2 only selected.

problem 1- when I scan only scanlist 1 my talkgroup is scanned only, as I expected; but when I scan only scanlist 2 the talkgroup from scanlist 1 is scanned as well as all the conventional objects. Why is the talkgroup programmed on scanlist 1 being scanned when scanlist 1 is not selected?

problem 2- when I try to enter in a second talkgroup, I press "program" then "new" then "TGRP" and the talkgroup I already have programmed comes up. If I change the TSYS to the talkgroup name of the second talkgroup I want, and enter the new frequencies it just overwrites my first talkgroup. Can I have one talkgroup on scanlist 1 and a second talkgroup on scanlist 3 for example?
Thank you all for time and your help!!

VE3JSO

for problem one you might have the talkgroup in one or more scan list to check that hit program then hit edit then currant if the talkgroup you want to check is on the screen then under scan list numbers make sure the star is on one scan list

for problem 2 what to do hit pgm new talk group where it says scan list hit sel to remove the star if it is on scan list 1 then the right arrow button to the scan list where you want hit sel to put a star on that scan list then enter the way you did for your first tsys

Last edited:

gospelgrunt

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your response, I believe that is what I have been trying. When I put the first TGRP in I put the name (MARCS) next to TSYS, the frequencies in and removed the star from scan list 1 and enabled it by scan list 2, saved it, then hit scan to see that it was scanning only on scan list 2 which it was. Then I hit PGM, NEW, TGRP and the screen came up with scan list 1 selected by default for a newly created TGRP, I removed the star by 1 and put the star by 8 under scan list is TSYS which has MARCS already in there (which I don't understand since i'm trying to make a new TGRP) so I hit SEL keep the type as P25 AUTO move down to tag and erase MARCS and enter the name for my new TGRP (PARMA), then I go down to frequencies and erase the ones that are there already from MARCS and enter the new ones for PARMA, save and now both scan list 2 and 8 are both the PARMA TGRP and MARCS is gone. Hope that helps to clarify.

Thanks again

Last edited:

VE3JSO

ok i tried to enter two different tsys like you did and yea i see what you mean to be honest i can't remeber how i did it with my pro 106 but if you have programming software and cable i suggest using the software to save the head ach and fustration if you don't have the software i recommend win500 it made my life with the scanner alot easier
but maybe this may help
http://marksscanners.com/106_197/106_197.shtml#understanding oom

blangell

Thanks for your response, I believe that is what I have been trying. When I put the first TGRP in I put the name (MARCS) next to TSYS, the frequencies in and removed the star from scan list 1 and enabled it by scan list 2, saved it, then hit scan to see that it was scanning only on scan list 2 which it was. Then I hit PGM, NEW, TGRP and the screen came up with scan list 1 selected by default for a newly created TGRP, I removed the star by 1 and put the star by 8 under scan list is TSYS which has MARCS....

*************at this point push the left or right arrow key until the word NEW appears and then SEL**********

....already in there (which I don't understand since i'm trying to make a new TGRP) so I hit SEL keep the type as P25 AUTO move down to tag and erase MARCS and enter the name for my new TGRP (PARMA), then I go down to frequencies and erase the ones that are there already from MARCS and enter the new ones for PARMA, save and now both scan list 2 and 8 are both the PARMA TGRP and MARCS is gone. Hope that helps to clarify.

Thanks again

Give this a try gospelgrunt

Status
Not open for further replies.