PRO-106 TG ID Changes When Entering It

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarkFlyer

I have a new PRO-106 scanner which came pre-programmed. Some of the talkgroup IDs don't match the database. As an example the local police ID in the database is 17744. On the scanner it says 200-02. I edited it and as soon as I enter 17744 it changes it to 200-02. There are a few other IDs like this but vast majority of them match the database. What does this and is it a problem? I receive the talkgroups but one appears encrypted most of the time when other people tell me it isn't encrypted.

I checked the Tsys programming/object and the talkgroup objects and they look fine to me. I entered a couple of new talkgroups and they worked. However, my past experience is a PRO-94.

Dick

sjlamb

I have a new PRO-106 scanner which came pre-programmed. Some of the talkgroup IDs don't match the database. As an example the local police ID in the database is 17744. On the scanner it says 200-02. I edited it and as soon as I enter 17744 it changes it to 200-02. There are a few other IDs like this but vast majority of them match the database. What does this and is it a problem? I receive the talkgroups but one appears encrypted most of the time when other people tell me it isn't encrypted.

I checked the Tsys programming/object and the talkgroup objects and they look fine to me. I entered a couple of new talkgroups and they worked. However, my past experience is a PRO-94.

Dick

You can choose to display TGIDs in either Decimal or Hexadecimal format. Whoever programmed your radio set it to display in Haxadecimal. You can change that setting in Global Settings to display in Decimal format and it will then show your example ID as 17744.

Last edited:

StarkFlyer

Thanks for the reply Steve. It was set to normal and I set it to DEC. It didn't fix my problem. Just about all the IDs are shown in DEC but a fwew are shown as 200-02 or 200-05 or 100-01... When entering the correct DEC one from the database the radio changes it. Example: 17744 changes to 200-02.

Dick

N1BHH

That's most likely an old listing. The old Motorola Type-I systems had the 000-00 type talk group ID's which are Fleet-Subfleet and require fleet maps and I don't think there are anymore Type-I's still running.

Selecting the Talk Group ID format display is done with the Global Menu found here:
Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

It is always helpful when referring to a particular system to provide a direct link to the system from the database.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
When I got my Pro-106 the v-folder information was incorrect for my area. It happens!

DickH

You can choose to display TGIDs in either Decimal or Hexadecimal format. Whoever programmed your radio set it to display in Haxadecimal. You can change that setting in Global Settings to display in Decimal format and it will then show your example ID as 17744.

Good try, but no cigar. Hex for 1744 is 4550. On your computer go to ACCESSORIES > CALCULATOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.