Pro-106 TGRP ID Pause

Status
Not open for further replies.

guidoco

Since the Pro-106 only scans scanlists if I pause on a TGRP ID in a Scanlist will it pick up someone using an ID I don't have programed but is part of the TGRP? If so is there a way to know there is a new ID to enter? When paused you only see the ID it's paused on.

Thanks,
Guidoco

guidoco

Unless ur using a Wildcard then you would only here comms for that particular Talkgroup ID.

So if a talkgroup has 10 ID's in it and I only have 6 ID's programed I will not hear the other 4 ID's that are not programed but are part of the same talkgroup? Unless I use a wildcard which will bring in the rest of the county not just the 4 ID's.

Guidoco

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I think you're looking for the word "trunked system." A trunked system has "talkgroups" within it which is sometimes referred to as "channels." You might also be talking about an agency that may theoretically use 10 talkgroups, but you only have 6 of those talkgroups programmed. A scanner is not smart enough to know what agencies use what talkgroups and is only a level of understandings that humans have. A wildcard will (attempt) to give you all the talkgroups active on the trunked system not limited to agency and will include anything that is part of the system which may include the county. I believe way you can use a wildcard search to find unknown talkgroups is to program every known talkgroup into you scanner and then locking out all those talkgroups. This should allow you to find new talkgroups if they exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.