Pro-106 Throwing a Code...Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimmer124

I have owned a Radio Shack Pro-106 for many years without issue.
Last month while using a search feature, I was stopped by a code on the screen as follows.

HEAP ERROR
23CD1F : 23D4

I use this scanner in conjunction with my ham radio work. Could someone please explain how to rid myself of this nuisance, thus being able to get back to work.

Thanks in advance,

Rick
W3RKI
Goldporsche944@aol.com

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have owned a Radio Shack Pro-106 for many years without issue.
Last month while using a search feature, I was stopped by a code on the screen as follows.

HEAP ERROR
23CD1F : 23D4

I use this scanner in conjunction with my ham radio work. Could someone please explain how to rid myself of this nuisance, thus being able to get back to work.

Thanks in advance,

Rick
W3RKI
Goldporsche944@aol.com

Very common programming error, check here:

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Are you using Win500? If so, I can help you since the TSYS and the talk groups are on top of one another. If you are using said software, you can go into "all objects" and find the disconnect.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
your data got corrupted in the scanner somehow, reprogram it all will be fine.

Based on my experience with a "heap error" code, I would generally see the following. If you program the radio in an incorrect manner, you will see an absence of talk groups for the TSYS you've programmed. In this example the Santa Clara City MOT at the top does not have talk groups. I have made the space white to illustrate.

Attachments

• Win500.jpg
    Win500.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 10

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Based on my experience with a "heap error" code, I would generally see the following. If you program the radio in an incorrect manner, you will see an absence of talk groups for the TSYS you've programmed. In this example the Santa Clara City MOT at the top does not have talk groups. I have made the space white to illustrate.

Thank you. That is exactly what I said using WIn500. I am so thankful I left "object" scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.