Pro 106 Trunking Issues, Reprograming after rebanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

Thanks to all who helped trying to get my 106 to work again. Ive tried every possible configuration, still wont scan and stop on a talkgroup. It is scanning, recieving some very strong signals. Never see a T trunking symbol, you might see one if you FUNC + Tune, but no 'T' while scanning. Sometimes there is audio on frequencies using the TUNE function, never see a talkgroup id. This scanner was cloned from a friends scanner, I called him tonight, his scanner has the same problem, scans, no ID's, never a ' T ' symbol. Both scan conventional frequencies, just no talkgroups. Has something changed here locally that has not been documented yet? Again, thanks for the help, I've just been very busy.

Have you tried putting in the statewide system that the county has multiple TG's on?? It says Phase II, but Jefferson county TG's are Phase I. You won't get Birmingham PD, it's encrypted, but there is a boat load of other stuff to monitor.

kscan75

Yes I did that as well. These are all 700mhz so there shouldnt be any rebanding issues i guess. Same result there. Maybe its just broke.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If Jefferson Co has migrated over to the Alabama First Responder Network, that would explain why Jefferson Co stopped working and the file I sent you does not work. I will create a new file for the P25 system. Birmingham PD dispatch is also encrypted on the new system. Depending on your location, you may still have problems receiving it due to simulcast distortion. Let me get to work and see what happens.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a new file for Jefferson Co on the Alabama First Responder Network. Scan lists are as follows:
1. Jefferson Co Sheriff
2. Jefferson Co Fire
3. Birmingham Fire
Save the zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with ARC500 and upload to your scanner. Please let me know if this one works any better.

Attachments

• Jefferson Co AL2.zip
    2 KB · Views: 2

kscan75

Thanks tvengr, That worked! Im not sure of what has changed but now its scanning, Trunking symbol, and Id's displayed, audio. Just for fun I added BPD dispatch hearing scrambled audio. I do notice it never tunes to a 700mhz frequency, usually 856-, 858-.Ill keep playing with it. Thanks again.

tvengr

Well Known Member
That is strange that neither of the 2 Birmingham 700 MHz sites are showing up. The Multi-Site is set to Stationary. With that setting, you should receive all sites within range. Try changing Check All CC to No. Also, set the squelch to minimum. You can also turn SuperTrack on and off to see which decoding algorithm works better. The reason why it didn't work before was that it was programmed as a Motorola system instead of a P25 system. Jefferson Co showed in the database as being a Motorola Type 2 system. When you said it was rebanded, I assumed that you meant the frequencies were dropped to 851, 852, and 853 MHz, which is what rebanding involves. When that happens you have to use a custom rebanded trunking table on a Motorola system, which is what I did. I didn't realize that Jefferson Co had migrated to the Alabama First Responder Network, which is a P25 system.

kscan75

I will try those changes. The RR database says it was rebaneded so I assumed it was done. Anyway so much much for your efforts.

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
KScan I am following this topic - Ive a UNIDEN older, non P2 scanner that is doing *exactly* the same thing. I tried to get help on the BCD996T Yahoo! Group forum- I received little help there, and a lot of scorn.... apparently I did not make it clear, readers assumed I had done something to cause it or did not program it properly. I have heard of this on another radio, different website, different forum- I am convinced it is caused by static or unplugging the receiver without powering off first, causing the memory to be erased. Static might have caused it, or the program for trunking on the board being zapped by it unplugged without powering down, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.