Pro-106 Tsys

Status
Not open for further replies.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
I have owned a Uniden BCD396XT for 4 years now and love the way I can set it up by having quick keys for both the systems and the TG's. I have each system set to it's own quick key and multiple scan groups each with their own quick key. This way I can manually select which site I want to monitor, and enable/disable the groups as needed. I recently acquired a PRO-106 and I would like to set it up they same way but I am having trouble figuring out how to separate the TSYS (sites) and the scan lists. The way it appears to me on the 106 is that, I can enable/disable scan lists but can't select which sites or TSYS they are associated to. Is there anyway to do this? Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
File

Would you like me to send you one of my Pro-106 Files for you to view..?

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
Yes, if your set up allows what I am talking about. I don't have a problem programming the scanner, I can't figure out how to enable or disable individual sites or TSYS's.

ryolsen8

Feed Provider
Yes, if your set up allows what I am talking about. I don't have a problem programming the scanner, I can't figure out how to enable or disable individual sites or TSYS's.

Well, we can give it a shot anyway's. Shoot me a PM..

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
This isn't as elegant a solution as the Uniden arrangement but I think it achieves what you're looking to do. It's also not an efficient use of scanner memory.

Create multiple TSYS objects, each with the same talkgroups you're interested in but with different site frequencies.

Associate all of the talkgroups from each of the TSYS objects into the same scanlists. For example, Fire talkgroups from all TSYS objects in scanlist 1, EMS talkgroups from all TSYS objects in scanlist 2, all LE talkgroups for all TSYS objects in scanlist 3. etc.

Then you can enable and disable scanlist groups in the usual way with the number pad. To enable and disable sites (TSYS objects), go to the TSYS object itself and use FUNCT+L/O to lockout the entire TSYS object. This has the effect of locking out all talkgroups from that TSYS object (site).

I generally renumber the TSYS object numbers to single digit numbers (1, 2, 3, etc) to allow for easy direct access of the TSYS objects.

Hope that helps.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
The way it appears to me on the 106 is that, I can enable/disable scan lists but can't select which sites or TSYS they are associated to. Is there anyway to do this? Any help appreciated.

The Pro-106 does not have a feature to control individual sites or TSYS like the Uniden scanners can. It's limited in that regard that you cannot manually select a site to monitor as it is all controlled by the scanner through it's multisite mode. A roundabout way of imitating this could be to duplicate your programming (at the cost of memory space) and then placing individual sites as different TSYS. As for TSYS, the only real ways of disabling a TSYS is to assign all the talkgroups for that TSYS to a single scan list and disabling that scan list when you don't want a TSYS or to manually lockout (either temporarily or permanently) all the talkgroups of that TSYS.

joncleve

Premium Subscriber
This is good information, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Brian, Spitfire and Ryolsen8.

DonS

As for TSYS, the only real ways of disabling a TSYS is to assign all the talkgroups for that TSYS to a single scan list and disabling that scan list when you don't want a TSYS or to manually lockout (either temporarily or permanently) all the talkgroups of that TSYS.

You can also lock out (temporarily or permanently) a TSYS object, which will then cause all talkgroups in that TSYS to be ignored. This is easiest if you use external programming software to choose your own "ID" values (4-digit number at top left of LCD) for your TSYS objects.

For example, the IDs for all of my TSYS objects are less than 10 (i.e. 0-9). While scanning, I can toggle the lockout state of a TSYS and return to scan mode by pressing:
PGM <n> ENTER L/OUT SCAN
where <n> is the digit key corresponding to the TSYS ID (0-9).

This might be an easier way to enable/disable "sites", without using up scan lists for site differentiation. If you're already using scan lists to distinguish between sites, then the scan list toggling method would be easier.

mainetrunk

This is great info--my state is in the proccess of putting in a p25 vhf trunking system. Out side of that, I got NO trunks WORTH listenning to-too far from Portland-thus no practice with TSYS. Except for my power company, thats only active in crashes and storms...

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
You can also lock out (temporarily or permanently) a TSYS object, which will then cause all talkgroups in that TSYS to be ignored. This is easiest if you use external programming software to choose your own "ID" values (4-digit number at top left of LCD) for your TSYS objects.

For example, the IDs for all of my TSYS objects are less than 10 (i.e. 0-9). While scanning, I can toggle the lockout state of a TSYS and return to scan mode by pressing:
PGM <n> ENTER L/OUT SCAN
where <n> is the digit key corresponding to the TSYS ID (0-9).

This might be an easier way to enable/disable "sites", without using up scan lists for site differentiation. If you're already using scan lists to distinguish between sites, then the scan list toggling method would be easier.

Thanks for the information Don! Learn something new about these object oriented scanners everyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.