Pro-106 V Pro-197 signal strength / reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadwith2boys

I have the Pro-106 with a 800Mhz antenna and I don't get very good reception, does anyone know if the Pro-197 has better reception?

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
I have the Pro-106 with a 800Mhz antenna and I don't get very good reception, does anyone know if the Pro-197 has better reception?

The radios are identical, just packaged differently. (I have one of each)

Antenna problem, location problem, or broken solder joint to the antenna inside the radio.

Dadwith2boys

The radios are identical, just packaged differently. (I have one of each)

Antenna problem, location problem, or broken solder joint to the antenna inside the radio.

I am thinking a location problem.... Thank you...

SCPD

QRT
I have both radios, as well. The reception in the 700 & 800 bands on both is exceptionally good. Using the same antenna you mentioned, I get excellent reception even in the 150mhz band. Sounds like a location issue.
Good luck!!

I have pro 106 with the 800MHz antenna and reception is good. Do you know how far away the closest tower is from you? What State do you live in and county?

dougr1252

I have a PRO-197 and it's very sensitive, but it often gets wiped out on 800 MHz by cell towers and Nextel. Turning the attenuator on is often the only thing that works. Also true on VHF where I guess FM broadcast is the culprit. It's weird to hear a weak signal, turn on the 20 dB attenuator and it gets stronger :(

Status
Not open for further replies.