PRO-106 & V-Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkfish457

I purchased my PRO-106 from a Radioshack store that was using the scanner as a store demo. The store changed the name of one of the V-Scanner Preprogrammed data channels from VS-10, South Texas-Louisiana to RADIOSHACK, and may have modified it as well. Is there anyway I can get a copy of preprogrammed data, or the missing data channel?

Thanks

MissouriMule

Premium Subscriber
Does anybody know what the v-folders contain verses the Pro-96 are they the same? if so they don't do me any good just a waste of space and will need to read up on how to remove them and add my own.

DonS

Does anybody know what the v-folders contain verses the Pro-96 are they the same?
They're not the same. The PRO-106 data is significantly more recent than the PRO-96's.
if so they don't do me any good just a waste of space and will need to read up on how to remove them and add my own.
Deleting the V-Scanner data from the scanner is easy, but not necessary:
FUNC PGM Eras(F3), browse to folder you want to erase, hit F3 (Eras), hit F1 (YES) to confirm. Repeat the browse/F3/F1 steps for subsequent folders.​
It's not necessary because you can overwrite existing data with your own data without erasing.

MissouriMule

Premium Subscriber
Thanks DonS for the help and response...I am new to this posting on the site so I hope I didn't cause any hate and discontent by posting in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.