Pro 106 Wildcard Programming in Win500

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveyb

I have the Win500 softwear paid version I want to add a wildcards to my trunked systems. I have several
trunked systems programmed in to the scanner all working I am missing some things the wildcard will help me find the missing groups and be able to monitor them. Thanks for any help.

n0lqt

Yes, set up a WildCard GROUP entry to each TSYS Talkgroup list and enable it in one or more of your scanlists. I always set this up with a flashing LED of a different color for each TSYS. On my home unit, I even enable the RECORD option with an audio patch cable plugged into the Line-in jack on the computer from the headphone jack on the scanner. You need to leave WIN500 running with the Monitor funtion running also. Be sure to checkmark the "Record Audio" box on the Monitor tab as well as the RECORD option on the TSYS tab for that talkgroup entry. Any traffic on those WildCard hits will record to the harddrive as a .wav file. I even set the scan delay for the WildCard groups to a longer time to pick up any response. You can also tell WIN500 to auto-create a new talkgroup entry from WildCard hits on the Monitor tab. If you don't want to hear the scanner ALL the time thru your computer speakers, set up a seperate scanlist with JUST the WildCard entries from all your TSYS systems (you can have more than one TSYS scanned in a single scanlist)

Every couple of days, check your computer to see what has been auto-created or recorded. You'll need to go to the TSYS Objects tab and refresh each system by clicking on a new system and then back to that system and scrolling to the bottom of the Talkgroup list to find any auto-created groups.

One thing that worked for us in Kansas. Send a Governmental "Freedom of Information" request to the State agency having technical and engineering control of those systems. Ask for a complete list of coordinated Talkgroup assignments. Be sure to point out that the information you are requesting does not meet any of the exceptions to the FOI law and is actually broadcast by the system each time a talkgroup is used. It took them about a month to answer me, but KS-DOT finally did and we picked up official designations for about 1300 coordinated talkgroups when we only had about 500 before that in the database. If you get them, don't forget to share though....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.