Pro-106 will no longer scan Trunking Talkgroups. Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpaden

I've had my RS Pro-106 for about 8 months and love it. I used WIN 500 to program it and it has worked like a charm since. About 2 days ago my scanner quit picking up all Indiana Motorola 800 MHz. traffic. I'm not sure if I locked out the talkgroup or what, but no matter what I try I cannot get it to come back on. Here is what I have tried:

* Setting the scannter to factory defaults and reprogramming the scanner.
* Double checked in the programming software that the Talkgroup is not locked out.
* Double checked the indivudial frequencies to make sure they are not locked out.
* I know I am in range for the frequencies because I am right next to an 800 MHz. tower.
* Tested it with an acutal 800 MHz. radio. Radio TX/RX fine, but scanner will not RX anything.
* All other frequencies work. Conventional, P25 Digital UHF, Aircraft freqs. Only thing not working is the 800 MHZ. Talkgroup.

Please, PLEASE! Anyone that knows how to solve this or has any tid-bits of info that I could try is welcomed and appreciated.

Very Frusterated,

-dpaden

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Your SAFE-T towers have been rebanded. You'll need to program the new rebanded freq's (which can be found in the DB) and you'll also need to add the rebanding trunking tables.

In WIN500, replace the old freq.'s with the new ones and then click the trunking tables button.

From the standard plans drop down menu select 800 MHz "Rebanded". Then hit OK.

Now set the trunking tables below that to "custom" See the attached screen shot.

Save and upload to your scanner and you'll be back up and running :)

Attachments

• Capture1.png
    Capture1.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,044
Last edited:

dpaden

Still Nothing

All my frequencies are the current rebranded frequencies. I went in and did the settings as you described but still does not work. Again my scanner was working fine about a week ago, actually just a few days ago, and all of a sudden it just stopped working. I'm thinking it's a setting on the scanner itself that may have inadvertently been selected, especially since I have a 2 year old at home that has been known to find my scanner and pick it up... Any other options?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Post your .p500 file here and let us have a look at it. I assume you mainly monitor the Henryville tower which was rebanded on Tuesday. So that's why it stopped working all of the sudden.

Also check the control channels in tune mode and make sure you are receiving them. There have been a few reports of decreased reception with the new freq's.

Last edited:

dpaden

p500 File

Yeah I am mostly monitoring the Henryville tower but also the ones in Jefferson County, IN. I fly air medical helicopters so I bounce around the state a little and like I said had never had an issue until this week. If they rebanded the tower Tuesday then that could be my problem. Thanks again for the help.

Ok, it is saying that it is an invaliad file. Can you send me an email and I will attach it to you that way?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Yeah my bad. Should have mentioned you need to zip it up to post it here. I'll shoot you an email :)

Status
Not open for further replies.