Pro-106 wont Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlmorales

Premium Subscriber
I updated my scanner about 6 months ago. ever since my scanner will not scan/receive when plugged to external power, however when it using batteries its fine I've tried on both my Ac and Dc cords. Any ideas? I need probably take it back to radio shack but since its several years old I don't think I'll get ant where with them, so I thought posting on here might be a better idea.

QDP2012

I updated my scanner about 6 months ago. ever since my scanner will not scan/receive when plugged to external power, however when it using batteries its fine I've tried on both my Ac and Dc cords. Any ideas? I need probably take it back to radio shack but since its several years old I don't think I'll get ant where with them, so I thought posting on here might be a better idea.

I'm assuming "will not scan/receive" means it won't power-up.

This might sound like a worthless idea, but if you are using those Radio Shack AdaptATip power cords, which allow you to use a tip (example: the "B" tip) for your radio's power-jack, you might want to check if the tip got inserted into the cord-end backwards (meaning wrong polairty). Remove the tip, turn it 180 degrees, and reinsert its prongs into the cord, and try to power-up the scanner. This probably is not your problem, but since it has an inexpensive solution, maybe it's worth a try.

If the power cords have an adjustable voltage switch, you might want to check that it is correctly positioned also.

If it does power-up but still won't scan/receive, please explain more about what it can still do while on external power.

Hope this helps,

N2SCV

Premium Subscriber

Are you using the yellow battery holder when it's plugged into the charger? The two holders that come with the radio use different contacts. Put the yellow battery holder in the radio without batteries and plug in the charger; does the radio work?

SCPD

QRT
The 106 will work with out any battery holder in the radio if you have it DC hook up that works with the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.