Pro-106 wx

Status
Not open for further replies.

cp108

Does this scanner allow multiple EAS event codes to be entered for a SAME code. In the WX STBY mode, I want to receive all EAS alerts for my county's SAME code so I have programmed Event: * * *. Regarding the neighboring counties/SAME codes I have entered, I would like to receive weather alerts for only Severe Thunderstorm Warnings (SVR), Tornado Warnings (TOR), and Severe Weather Statements (SVS.) How can all three codes (SVR TOR SVS) be entered.

mikey60

Does this scanner allow multiple EAS event codes to be entered for a SAME code. In the WX STBY mode, I want to receive all EAS alerts for my county's SAME code so I have programmed Event: * * *. Regarding the neighboring counties/SAME codes I have entered, I would like to receive weather alerts for only Severe Thunderstorm Warnings (SVR), Tornado Warnings (TOR), and Severe Weather Statements (SVS.) How can all three codes (SVR TOR SVS) be entered.

You would have to enter the County FIPS code three times, with the correct event codes you want to hear.

Mike

DonS

You'd have to enter "non-***" events for the other county/counties, up to the maximum of 10 entries.

For each additional county/area, you'd need to enter SVR, TOR, and SVS events. That would limit you to 3 counties beyond the "***" event you have for your own county.

(You could combine SVR and SVS into a single "SV*" for each county, and maybe you could use the "*" wildcard character in those additional counties' 6-digit FIPS codes. This might let you enter more than 3 counties beyond your own.)

Status
Not open for further replies.