pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapped1

I had to recently purchase a new computer due to catastrophic failure and my new puter has windows 7 my programming disc from radio shack is not supported by windows 7. Is there a place where i can download the driver software or do i need to purchase all new programming software. also i have the key code for winn 500 but not my username is there anyway to recover that also winn 500 will not let me in without both. thank you

jambo

I had to recently purchase a new computer due to catastrophic failure and my new puter has windows 7 my programming disc from radio shack is not supported by windows 7. Is there a place where i can download the driver software or do i need to purchase all new programming software. also i have the key code for winn 500 but not my username is there anyway to recover that also winn 500 will not let me in without both. thank you

Try just plugging the cable in and let windows 7 search for the drivers. Usually it will find them with no problem. As far as your information on your Win500. Just email Don Starr and he will get back to you with it. Sometimes it takes him a few days, but he will send it to you provided it is a legit copy. And Remember to save your Win500 info in a safe place.

zapped1

thank you. is the email for Mr starr the one at the bottom of the winn 500 home page. if so thanks much

jambo

Your welcome and yes its at the bottom of the page after you click on Win500.

Last edited:

zapped1

my computer did not pick up the driver when i pluged the cable in and radio shack was no help at all. any other suggestions?

jambo

Here is the link for your cable drivers for windows 7

Virtual COM Port Drivers

under the "Comments" download the setup executable and save to your desktop. Then double click it, and it will install them for you. After that plug your cable in and it should recognize it right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.