Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

r_eugene1

My experience with Radio Shack varied. I have had a turn around time of 2 - 2 1/2 weeks and as high a 8 weeks. This all depends on the problem with your unit, is just 1 thing wrong or several things.
Another thing to consider is the backlog of repairs, waiting on parts etc.

nzo012

I just sent mine in at the beginning of summer. My experience was the repair center took a little over a week to return my radio back to the store, then the store blew off contacting me and when I called them several times to check up on it they said it wasn't there, when it really was. After the store cost me an extra two weeks of waiting, I got the radio back and discovered that of the two issues I returned it for, only one was addressed. They wanted me to send it back in through the store for a second time to fix one of the original issues it was sent in for. I wasn't very pleased with them and I raised h*ll over it and they overnighted the radio from the store on a Friday, fixed it and overnighted it back to me on Monday.

I even took the time to type out a page long description of what was wrong when I sent it in the first time and I think the Radio Shack worker just typed in his quickie description and threw my page away after I left.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
i sent my 106 in for repair and lets just say my experience wasnt a good one, at least with the shack. I will say that Manny (N1SQB) repaired the radio for me and I am happy as can be

N1BHH

Whenever you go into a Radio Shack store with a radio for repair ask for the Manager of the store. If you just ask the bobble head behind the counter you'll not be happy. When my Pro-97 was dying it was also under the replacement program and within a week I had the replacement card from RS HQ and bought the Pro-164 that day before work.

Last edited:

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Whenever you go into a Radio Shack store with a radio for repair ask for the Manager of the store. If you just ask the bobble head behind the counter you'll not be happy.

Some of us "bobble heads" are here on the forums and are VERY knowledgeable about Radio Shack products and procedures and are given the task of educating new managers. In the store I work in, two of us "bobble heads" are ex managers with a total of 50 years of service between us and have trained many managers over the past few years.

Benzman66

Agreed!
If it weren't for Doug and a few other RS employees on these forums, most of us would be at a total loss for part numbers and assistance as the average clerk (at least around here) doesn't even know how to find the RSU key. I always end up having to ask for a manager.

So in a way, you are right, 80% of RS employees are there just to collect a paycheck, get some discounts, or just have a job. It is the other 20% like Doug and the rest that keep RS in business because of their knowledge and willingness to go the extra mile to help others. It is called old school training. Where you actually cared about the customers needs. Don't throw ALL employees into the same pile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.