Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwillard77

I am in Rockingham County NC, and have the PRO 106. I am new to this and cant figure out how to program it. I have found the codes, but dont know what or how to enter them. Any help would be greatly appricaited. I downloaded the trail of PRS edit 500, but it is like greek to me.

thanks in advance.

RomeRon

I am in Rockingham County NC, and have the PRO 106. I am new to this and cant figure out how to program it. I have found the codes, but dont know what or how to enter them. Any help would be greatly appricaited. I downloaded the trail of PRS edit 500, but it is like greek to me.

thanks in advance.

Without a RR Premium Membership you won't be able to download the RR database, But you can program with CSV files, that is over my head as how to do it but somebody will be along shortly to help you with that.

jwillard77

Ok so I have been reading, and reading more, and I think the more I read the more I get confused. Ok so I have went and bought the software with the cable to use my computer to program it. I have upgraded to the premium of radio reference. I have went in and imported all the channels I want, then I went to send. It says that it has been sent to my scanner but I dont know where its at. My scanner still says nothing enabled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Highpockets

Ok so I have been reading, and reading more, and I think the more I read the more I get confused. Ok so I have went and bought the software with the cable to use my computer to program it. I have upgraded to the premium of radio reference. I have went in and imported all the channels I want, then I went to send. It says that it has been sent to my scanner but I dont know where its at. My scanner still says nothing enabled.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Did you assign the channels (freq's/systems) to a scan list and enable that scan list?

What software are you using?

jwillard77

No, I guess I need to find out to assigne channels. I have the ARC96, and ARC300, and I have the PSR500. They look about the same to me.

Thanks,

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I suspect you meant to say you have ARC500; I would start with the user guide for that first...it's clearly marked and the link defined in the wiki article I gave earlier...

HTH Mike

Last edited:

jwillard77

Thanks so much. I have got it working now. I have been reading and reading and none of it made sense. It was so much info, and I didnt know what I needed to read.

Thanks again for the help.

sphipps

Most Radio Shacks have a demo PRO-106 already loaded with local freqs that they use to clone units that customers buy. It only takes a few seconds and they'll usually do it for free. The programming is usually a "mess" and outdated, but it will get you listening right away while you study up in getting the scanner the way you want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.