PRO-107 Acting Up from Time to Time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Ok...got a steal on a Pro-107 on Ebay. I absolutely love the iScan Software. Love the size of the scanner. Loving everything about it

BUT

Scanner will sometimes come on - but display is backlit but no text on the screen. I can sometimes get it to start working by Powering off / and Master Powering Off - Removing SD Card put it all back in and turn it back on. Earlier I just knocked it and it went to a Blank Backlit screen.

Anyone else have or see these behaviors?

FYI - Updated the firmware to current and updated the Library...Have programmed a few things but it is no where near full.

n5ims

Sounds like you found out why it was such a "steal" on e-bay. You might try taking it to your local Radio Shack to see if they can repair it for you. I believe it has a 1 year warranty and since the radio was released late 2009 it may still be under warranty (although you may have difficulty proving when it was originally purchased).

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Follow Up

Yes...basically if it just sits for a while the display goes out...still scanning and working...just no display at all. If the mode with the backlight is ON then backlight works...but then again no display...turn it off and back on will work another 5 minutes and then display text goes out again....GEEZE.... Should have gotten the GRE version. Too bad love the software and setup.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
So let me get this straight, you bought a scanner from a Ebay seller at a low price, find out that it has a problem, and now blame Radio Shack for the bad scanner having a problem by wishing that you had bought the GRE version. Could you have purchased a GRE version for the same price?

Return the scanner to the seller and buy a new one from Radio Shack with the 1 year warranty that it comes with.List price $199 but goes on from time to time for $159 to $169.

Status
Not open for further replies.