Pro-107 and Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike445

I finally got my Pro-107! I installed the Iscan software installed on my desktop computer when I got to Canada today. I loaded in a few systems and it worked perfectly. Easy to do. The York Region system is crystal clear. I am impressed. This radio has replaced my Pro97. I'm gonna play around with it a bit more when I get more time. I'm only in Canada for the day.
Mike

pathalogical

Welcome to Canada, even if only for the day, eh ! I'm guessing you were in the York Region area. Did you give a listen to any of the P25 systems, the OPP ? GO Transit ? How did those systems sound ?

Mike445

HAHA! Hey. I technically live here. I'm just never in the country. The Pro-107 isn't a digital radio, analog only. I do hope they come out with a new digital version. I WILL own it. I will try adding the GMCP system when I get back and see how it picks up MTO (plows) and MOH. I have noticed that in systems that use patches (like York) in order to pick up the talkgroup (48 District-1) when patched you need to put it 51 to receive it. ALsdo on RCMP frequencies it had a different bandplan so I can't enter the exact frequency but even rounded off its clearer than my Pro 96. LOL. Kinda funny. I'm taking it too Ft. Lauderdale with me tomorrow. Nice to have the ENTIRE US database off Radio Reference stored in that radio!!
Mike

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
He won't be hearing OPP or GO on the Pro-107 it's analog only.
They need a digital version of the iScan

Welcome to Canada, even if only for the day, eh ! I'm guessing you were in the York Region area. Did you give a listen to any of the P25 systems, the OPP ? GO Transit ? How did those systems sound ?

Mike445

Ya, they do need a digital version. I just bought this cuz its convenient for me cuz I am always on the road traveling. There is no way I can program my Pro 96 or Pro 97 via computer for every stop I make. This scanner fills that gap. Its all on there. All I really had to add from Ontario was the areas around my houses, in York Region, and Wasaga Beach. The radio works great on the York system (and Toronto with multiple sites!). Not sure how it'll work for OPP in Wasaga, ALL transmissions in Wasaga/Collingwood are rebroadcast on Beat 1 and Beat 2 so digital is not necessary for that area, but my Pro 96 sometimes has problems clearly receiving the Beach repeater. I guess I'll find out when I get back from Florida in a few weeks.
Mike

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping they come out with a Pro-108 (digital version).
And they should have included Canada on the SD card (even if it's not being marketed in Canada) there are a lot of border cities / US travellers.

Let us know how it goes when your back... and play with it more

Mike445

I sure will Chris!! And you're right, they should have included the Canada database too. Who knows, maybe there can be an update down the road. The SD card is barely 1/10th full!! They could fit Canada on there NO problem!!!
Mike

pathalogical

HAHA! Hey. I technically live here. I'm just never in the country. The Pro-107 isn't a digital radio, analog only. I do hope they come out with a new digital version. I WILL own it. I will try adding the GMCP system when I get back and see how it picks up MTO (plows) and MOH. I have noticed that in systems that use patches (like York) in order to pick up the talkgroup (48 District-1) when patched you need to put it 51 to receive it. ALsdo on RCMP frequencies it had a different bandplan so I can't enter the exact frequency but even rounded off its clearer than my Pro 96. LOL. Kinda funny. I'm taking it too Ft. Lauderdale with me tomorrow. Nice to have the ENTIRE US database off Radio Reference stored in that radio!!
Mike
I didn't know it is non digital. By the way, nice pics in your sig line...Elvis eh !!! I know, it's a big thing in Collingwood. Nice house on the beach too !

Mike445

YA!! I wish it was digital. As I said, I will own a digital version of this if they bring one out. The radio truly is amazing!! I am listening to the Niagara Sherriffs here at my parents house in Thornhill Ontario with the stock antenna! HAHAHA!! Good pics huh? I'm SOO far behind posting to those pages!! I have to update them big time!! I love the beach house in the summer. It gets a little silly up there in the winter!! LOL!! Most of my pics are on Facebook now. Add me if ya have one. I'm adding it to my signature now.
Mike

ve3xiu

Pro 107 Problems

Ya, they do need a digital version. I just bought this cuz its convenient for me cuz I am always on the road traveling. There is no way I can program my Pro 96 or Pro 97 via computer for every stop I make. This scanner fills that gap. Its all on there. All I really had to add from Ontario was the areas around my houses, in York Region, and Wasaga Beach. The radio works great on the York system (and Toronto with multiple sites!). Not sure how it'll work for OPP in Wasaga, ALL transmissions in Wasaga/Collingwood are rebroadcast on Beat 1 and Beat 2 so digital is not necessary for that area, but my Pro 96 sometimes has problems clearly receiving the Beach repeater. I guess I'll find out when I get back from Florida in a few weeks.
Mike

Hello,
I am trying to Listen to Ontario Fleetnet Zone 2 vhf, Scanner will not accept the control channel of 142.8300 Some problem with Canadian Band Plan.. How, may I ask did you overcome this problem>?

Shawn
ve3xiu

Status
Not open for further replies.