Pro-107 Antenna choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

jperonto

I have tried several different antennas with the iscan with a variety of results. The stock antenna works but does not show what this little scanner can do. I have used the Diamond RH77CA and the Austin Condor, finding a nice boost in the overall performance of the scanner. The scanner liked my old RS rubber duckie that they used to sell that is larger than the normal stock GRE and RS scanners. The best match seems to be the 800 MHz BNC antenna. With it I get excellent reception in the 800MHz range, but also excellent reception in the air band frequencies. I live near our airport and get a wide range of ground and air communications. This little antenna does every bit as well as the Diamond and Austin antennas in receiving these signals. I plan to try my old RS center-loaded telescoping whip antenna to see if there are any improvements to be found in signal strength.
In the meantime, I will use the 800 MHz antenna for general reception. I have also found that Rayovac Hybrid batteries work well in this scanner. I get ten to eleven hours of use with the advantage of their ability to hold charge much longer than most other batteries. Right now they are on sale for $7.99 at Target for a package of four AA's or for two AA's in a charger.

CStarr59

I've tried the
Diamond RH77CA
Watson W801
RS 800
All work well, but I like the Watson W801 the best. Just the right height and excellent reception.

Hello

I have the Pro-107, The antenna I just got is the AntennaCraft ST2 Scanner Antenna Kit with 50 Foot Cable (ST2)

I got this from Solidsignal AntennaCraft ST2 Scanner Antenna Kit with 50 Foot Cable (ST2) - AntennaCraft - ST2 - 716079001120 - Bearcat Scanner Police Scanner Antenna st-2 st2

Went to Menards and purchased a 10' 1 1/4" section of conduit.

The Antenna with shipping was $38.00, the conduit was $8.00

I love this antenna, get content from 70-80 miles away, 50-60 miles clear as a bell.

Greg V

questnz

Greg, hear good opinions about ST2 antenna, dumb question: is this omni-directional like discone's or you need to point in some direction?

Greg, hear good opinions about ST2 antenna, dumb question: is this omni-directional like discone's or you need to point in some direction?

I am not sure, but it has great reception in all directions, I did not point in any particular direction, the county I live in is square and I can pick up all 4 surrounding countys.

But I do only use the scanner for police and fire.

Hope this helps

Greg V

questnz

Greg, thanks for the info, just downloaded ST2 manual, it is omni-directional antenna. I am using D-130J discone but it is noisy in the wind, otherwise very good for "all round" reception

K7CAR

I ordered the ST2 from Solid Signals, AntennaCraft ST2 Scanner Antenna Kit with 50 Foot Cable (ST2) - AntennaCraft - ST2 - 716079001120 - Bearcat Scanner Police Scanner Antenna st-2 st2 Antennas&sku For $27 several months ago and it's worked very well. I have it mounted 10 ft. below a RS discone antenna and it out performs that antenna on every band. It's a very easy antenna to install and mount. It took about 20 mins from the box to the tower. So far it's held up to 50 mph winds with no problem.

questnz

Hi, all sounds great, just emailed Strong Signals re. shipping overseas.
Thank you all for the information

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.