Pro-107 Communications Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vk4hmd

Hi Guys,having a few dramas here with Vista trying to get some life back into the 107,
missing uP App Ver :NONE.
Have loaded files onto PC as administrator, even purchased a new data lead, it will not recognise that the unit is even connected to the PC as i am only new to the 107 scanner any pointers will be gladly apprciated as It was a handly piece of equipment for the sack and also when mobile.I welcome any advice on how to get it up and running again
Cheers
vk4hmd
Martin

mikey60

In the app that came with the scanner, do the firmware update process. It's located under the Updates menu in the App. That should bring the scanner back.

If the app isn't seeing the cable, you can go to FTDI Chip Home Page and download the latest drivers for the cable. That should help.

Mike

vk4hmd

Hi Agian, Mikey still displaying unrecognised device, I think maybe some thing id up with the unit have tried on laptop & desktop with no success on either
Thanks
Martin

vk4hmd

Still Trying

Hi Mickey and othrs, well I am sort of making progress, i have the driver loaded hoever now i get a code 10 error, Location Port_#0001.Hub_#0005
I dont give up easy, current machine is running Win Vista. Where to next ??
Thanks
Martin

mikey60

Sounds like the cable may have been damaged somehow. Have you tried difference USB ports on the computer? Are you connecting through a hub?

Mike

vk4hmd

Hi Mike, brand new cable that i purchased from Tandy Electronics, have even tested it pin for pin for continuiety.
PC has only 3 usb ports hae so far tried two of them the mouse has been in the third, not connecting through a hub starting to think there maybe a problem with the programming socket on the scanner itself.
Anyway i will persist with it again today and see how i go maybe time to strip it down and check the internals
Thanks
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.