Pro-107 Discriminator tap..

Status
Not open for further replies.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
So I'm trying to find info so I can perhaps install a discriminator tap in my pro-107 and finding info on them as I'm finding out is difficult to say the least. I decided to open the case and have a look see for myself, and in doing so found the Pro-107 utilizes the TK10931 (IC-7). Now knowing that pin 12 of the TK10931 is the FM Det output or the discriminator output I followed it to TP-4..

So I guess for future reference TP-4 is the discriminator output should anyone else like that info. Also I have taken the liberty of taking some pics of the insides so they are also handy for others.

Rob
K2RJJ

Attachments

• IMG027.jpg
    IMG027.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,235
  • IMG041.jpg
    IMG041.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,114

n5ims

Most of the GRE based scanners use TP-4 as their discriminator tap connection. This holds true for both the GRE branded and RS branded versions of their scanners.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
Just following up. Did you do the tap? How is it working out? Pics?

Sorry for the delayed reply, in the next few days I will post pics of the mod I made. And yes actually it does work quite well, just keep in mind the space your're working in is quite small.

Rob
K2RJJ

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
About Those Pics

I've had a pro-107 for quite a few years. I've always had other scanners that were not rebandable to use as
discriminator input for unitrunker.

I find myself away from home and in need of using the pro-107 as the input to unitrunker so I can connect my pro-197 for the vc.

I found TP-4 on circuit board but am baffled how you got the 3.5mm jack in the case.

Pictures of the finished product would be very helpful if you still have the modified scanner.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
I've had a pro-107 for quite a few years. I've always had other scanners that were not rebandable to use as
discriminator input for unitrunker.

I find myself away from home and in need of using the pro-107 as the input to unitrunker so I can connect my pro-197 for the vc.

I found TP-4 on circuit board but am baffled how you got the 3.5mm jack in the case.

Pictures of the finished product would be very helpful if you still have the modified scanner.

Although I do not have the scanner any longer I do have this pic to show where abouts I put it. It's a bit tight but with patience it's not to difficult.

Rob

Attachments

• scanner.jpg
    scanner.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 262

pmstewart

Premium Subscriber
So Grateful

Rob, Thank you so much.

On my way to Radio Shack to pick up a 3.5 female.

Status
Not open for further replies.