PRO-107 doing it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

adnahoundsman

I liked this scanner right out of the box.
After playing with it for three days. And finally getting the software to run. This thing has it all.
Good sound,speed,and sensitivity.
Having owned PRO-95,97,528,and 164 models. This thing is the most user friendly by far!!
Wish it was a little easier on batteries. But with rechargeables it's a small price to pay.

wb0wao

Using 2300 mAh NiMH's I get around 10 - 12 hours of operation (depending on how busy it is of course) and always have a spare set ready to go. The one thing that I would hope would be addressed is the iScan software itself - there is a LOT of room for improvement to make it more usable.

Dennis

bee

Carried mine back to the "shack" for a refund. Volume was extremely low! Almost useless in a vehicle. (road noise, ect.)

But an interesting concept!

rdrokker

I own an Pro107 and it is really an good analog scanner.In Pasco county Florida,it works really well.I read on the posts that some complain it's too easy to program,can you imagine that.

bsmith123

I have this also and it seems to be pretty cool. I do have a couple of questions if anyone is from the Tulsa area. I live farther north inbetween collinsville and owasso, and i can pick up collinsville with no problem. I can even get collinsville from tulsa. I can't however get owasso or tulsa or claremore to come in. I have the lists set up and collinsville is set as number 2. I'm just wondering why I can't get tulsa at all. I did get a tulsa car to car once but i thought he was in the area or something. can anyone help?

Drafin

If they made a digital version I'd already have one...

A lot of what I listen to is digital or will be by the end of the year.

Draf

svrstorm

I have this also and it seems to be pretty cool. I do have a couple of questions if anyone is from the Tulsa area. I live farther north inbetween collinsville and owasso, and i can pick up collinsville with no problem. I can even get collinsville from tulsa. I can't however get owasso or tulsa or claremore to come in. I have the lists set up and collinsville is set as number 2. I'm just wondering why I can't get tulsa at all. I did get a tulsa car to car once but i thought he was in the area or something. can anyone help?

Hi there make sure you have the sites correct and attenuator off. I've had mine about a month and love it
the only thing is I wish they had a case for it.

13riverking

Banks or playlists

This scanner for the most part is great, cross country or cross state, for the most part always good action, minus digital, biggest downfall is you cant open and close banks when an emergency happens without stopping a scan sequence, to make adjustments, has some great features but you have to make many strokes to controll it, ie turning it on, two buttons, power, and play....

bsmith123

Hi there make sure you have the sites correct and attenuator off. I've had mine about a month and love it
the only thing is I wish they had a case for it.

I looked to see and it has global but it is set to off. It just doesn't seem to bee working. i took it to tulsa yesterday and heard nothing.

good product

I think this a great product, I does not do apco 25 however. I think it was made for Radio Shack by GRE. I like it because it has the Systems in my area in the software with the talk groups already programmend into the ISCAN software along with the talk group ID's.

It is very easy and straight foward to use. The scanned frquencies are stored on a SD card the come with it. You can uses multiple cards and program different ones for different cities. You can program on card for New York and one for Los Angeles. To change cities just change cards. The antenna that comes with it is not the best so I a bought another seperate one Radio Shack sells and it works much better. The menu's are intuitive and easy to figure out. I would recommend it for a begineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.