PRO-107 Excel to Playlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpecker

Hi folks,

I have an excel spreadsheet of frequencies I want to turn into a PRO-107 playlist, I cannnot find anyway of pasting this data into the software or adding it to the SD card, is there anyway to do it?

Thanks.

DonS

Great! Anyone got a workaround then?
The only workaround is to manually type your data into the software.
Guess I need an Excel to RRDB converter
Presuming you're referring to the RRDB files used by the PRO-107 and its PC software (i.e. the contents of the "DB" directory)... that won't happen. Those files are in a dedicated (proprietary) format which will not be released.

pogbobo

The PRO-107 software [intentionally] does not support Windows clipboard operations.
why?

Presuming you're referring to the RRDB files used by the PRO-107 and its PC software (i.e. the contents of the "DB" directory)... that won't happen. Those files are in a dedicated (proprietary) format which will not be released.
why?

why? :twisted:

woodpecker

Guess I should have researched it more before buying one, makes it useless to me if I cannot drop my frequencies in easily, typing them in would take forever.

I just assumed there would be some way to easily import stuff, I knew this wasn't going to be the most flexible scanner but the SD storage seemed great.

DonS

It's obvious if one thinks about it for a few milliseconds: if the PRO-107's "RRDB format" is documented/released, or if the software supported copy/paste, then Lindsay doesn't get many more premium subscriptions - everyone would have easy access to the current (well, at most 7 days old) USA RRDB data for free.

pogbobo

calm down chief :wink: I was just trying to help woodpecker up there feel better about having to duplicate his hard work

can't you paste into Win500? even import CSV files? maybe I'm mistaken (honestly I don't remember)

and don't you get the entire RRDB included in the pro107 package?

OK, I get the DB format not being disclosed, but the pasting and importing still gets me :confused:

woodpecker

It's obvious if one thinks about it for a few milliseconds: if the PRO-107's "RRDB format" is documented/released, or if the software supported copy/paste, then Lindsay doesn't get many more premium subscriptions - everyone would have easy access to the current (well, at most 7 days old) USA RRDB data for free.

That's nonsense, how would an import from csv give away any of the RR frequencies, I want to import frequencies not export.

I had read the manual before purchase and had noted:-

You can then use the iSCAN PC Application to:
• Update the Library
• Edit iSCAN’s configuration and stored objects

But they actually mean you can update a library / edit stored objects which is a subset of RR and not your own choice, for your own library you have to enter the objects by hand one at a time.

Object capacity..................................................................... > 10 million,
Nominal, with 2 GB SD Card
Varies depending on user configuration

Again it doesn't say is its up to 10 million objects of someone elses subset and not the users objects unless you want to key them all in manually!

I realise that this was my wrong interpretation of the manual but this is most certainly NOT a way forward for scanners, its so locked down its just stupid.

wb0wao

I agree with the premise of keeping the RRDB proprietary, but I too think that iScan should have the capability to import external CSV data into the playlists. This ability would not compromise the integrity of the RRDB at all - it is just a time saving function. You can manually enter new conventional and trunked systems right now, you just have to do it manually one freq/system at a time. This probably would not be a big deal for trunked systems, but I can see where it would be useful for conventional frequencies. Unless I am mistaken, the RRDB and the playlists are seperate files as the '107 can import data from the RRDB into the playlists.

The capability of exporting a CSV file from iScan would compromise the integrity and should not be enables or allowed, but importing CSV would be a good idea and should be done with the next release of the iScan software.

Dennis

woodpecker

I agree with the premise of keeping the RRDB proprietary, but I too think that iScan should have the capability to import external CSV data into the playlists. This ability would not compromise the integrity of the RRDB at all - it is just a time saving function. You can manually enter new conventional and trunked systems right now, you just have to do it manually one freq/system at a time. This probably would not be a big deal for trunked systems, but I can see where it would be useful for conventional frequencies. Unless I am mistaken, the RRDB and the playlists are seperate files as the '107 can import data from the RRDB into the playlists.

The capability of exporting a CSV file from iScan would compromise the integrity and should not be enables or allowed, but importing CSV would be a good idea and should be done with the next release of the iScan software.

Dennis

This is all I am looking for (CSV import), I don't know who supports the RS scanners but I have submitted a support ticket to GRE and they said they will pass my comments to the appropriate team, if anyone else would like CSV import then please also raise a request to RS/GRE, if enough people request it then they may add this functionality.

Another option would be to give the radio firmware the ability to read a csv file/library from the SD card as well as the zip encrypted RR files, again this would not compromise the RR database and would allow the scanner to read the users own libraries and files.

Status
Not open for further replies.