PRO-107 Firmware?

DoobAru

Premium Subscriber
A while back I attempted to update the firmware on my PRO-107 and must have corrupted the current firmware in the process. When trying to turn the unit on now, all I get is:

uP BootVer:RF1.1
uP App Ver: NONE
CPU SW Upgrade
Wait for PC/IF

As you can see, the App software is no longer showing on the scanner. Since the update servers have been taken down long ago, I was wondering if anyone out there has a way around getting the proper firmware back on the device? I have searched around for an answer but haven't come up with anything. Any information would be great, as I would love to get this back up and running!

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
I thought I might have one but I was mistaken. I do have a copy of Iscan if that would help.

Last edited:

DoobAru

Premium Subscriber
I thought I might have one but I was mistaken. I do have a copy of Iscan if that would help.

I have Iscan still and am able to "connect" to the scanner with my cable. Problem is, the actual firmware files aren't available for download anymore since the servers have been offline for years now. Not sure, but I would imagine there would have to be a way to sideload the firmware? I contacted Whistler to see if they still dealt with the Pro-107, which they do not. They actually sent me here. I've exhausted all other methods.

racefan0020

Premium Subscriber
just took a quick look on the net and came up with 2 possible answers. One would be to use Iscan and reload the firmware to see if that helps. The other would be to contact Whistler to see if they could help.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Iscan would be the quickest try. It's already bricked for the most part. Do you still have the version firmware you were going to install?

DoobAru

Premium Subscriber
Iscan would be the quickest try. It's already bricked for the most part. Do you still have the version firmware you were going to install?
That's the problem. There are no actual firmware files "downloaded" with the Pro-107. Iscan is used for updating, which then would contact the servers, download the files straight to the scanner, then complete. So, it looks like without the server, the scanner is bricked... I was hoping that someone else out there may have ran into the same problem and found a way to trick it into sideloading the firmware files, or has created a file to sideload things.

DoobAru

Premium Subscriber
just took a quick look on the net and came up with 2 possible answers. One would be to use Iscan and reload the firmware to see if that helps. The other would be to contact Whistler to see if they could help.

I have the Iscan software, but the issue is it always used the internet to download the files from the server. Since the server is no longer online, you can't seem to load firmware no matter what you do. I contacted Whistler already and they sent me here, lol. They do not work with that 107.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure you like that 107 but the PSR-800/Whistler 1088 is actually a better scanner. In my opinion since it does P25 Phase 1 and 2 as well as TDMA.

DoobAru

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure you like that 107 but the PSR-800/Whistler 1088 is actually a better scanner. In my opinion since it does P25 Phase 1 and 2 as well as TDMA.

I've had the 107 for a while and figure if I can get it running again, I might as well! I have other scanners I use, so not a huge deal if I don't get it working again. Just would rather not throw it away.

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
Hey DoobAru have you tried reformatting or resting the scanner? Also if you are just going to threw it away I would love to have it as I have 2 pro 107 I use for milair scanning and i could use it for parts on my 2 working scanners if parts break.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I just picked up a working PRO-107 for a very cheap price. Not expecting it to be useful for much more than a conventional scanner I found that the adjacent counties are still using "old school" Analog EDACS (And sound excellent compared to local /\/\ P25 2.).

I guess my first question has been answered that I should not update the Firmware as Radio Shack Servers are off line.

Questions
1) I don't have the PC/IF cable. Can I do all programming on my PC directly into SD Card?
2) Apparently I have iSCAN Version 1.00 (2009). Is there a more recent version? Very hard to find on the internet. I would appreciate a link or file.
3) How can I update the RR Library database? Apparently version 003 is on "my" computer?
4) How can I check version already on my SD card?

wthclt

Premium Subscriber
You do program directly to the sd card and to get the latest database you can download it with newer Whistler software and then copy it to the 107 sd card, replacing the existing DB file.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Yeah, I am going to do that next. This is a nice compact radio. Seems to receive well. Hearing EDACS from next county loud and clear today.

KQA726

What would happen with a 'cloning cable' and another working 107? Clone the good into the not good scanner- might that work at all??

MoSiren1

Feed Provider
You Can download it manually but requires a login that is public within the software Here that's if it gets updated past 4/4/2024
Password and user are here. Happy Scanning!
I have the Iscan software, but the issue is it always used the internet to download the files from the server. Since the server is no longer online, you can't seem to load firmware no matter what you do. I contacted Whistler already and they sent me here, lol. They do not work with that 107.