Pro-107 HELP! Can't hear dispatch station. Newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenlk1207

So I purchased a Pro-107 a couple of days ago, and I am very close to taking it back. The reason is that the one channel that I really need to monitor won't come through. It is programmed into the scanner, but when I go to the frequency, it doesn't play any tones or voice. Not even static. No sound at all. I have no idea how to fix this, and I am a Mac user so I can't use the software that came with the scanner. Any help ASAP would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Photo on 11-17-11 at 10.58 PM.jpg
    Photo on 11-17-11 at 10.58 PM.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 603

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I see a CTCSS listed on the screen. Is that one that has been programmed into the radio, or did the radio detect that tone? If that was programmed in, have you verified that tone is actually used on the dispatch transmissions? Having the wrong CTCSS or DCS could prevent you from hearing what your target agency.

jenlk1207

How would I change that? I see it is different on here than it is on the scanner. So I am assuming that the CTCSS number here is the correct one.

jenlk1207

This is what is here.

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
151.38500 KDV649 RM 110.9 PL RRU 1 RRU-1 - West Dispatch FMN Fire Dispatch

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I have not used that model of scanner, so I am not sure on how to change it. I can see if I can find that, in an online owner's manual.

From what I am seeing, in another post you made, it looks like the 110.9 is used on the transmissions there. If that is accurate, then you want to change the CTCSS to that, or just turn it off, and use carrier squelch (CSQ).

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I see "Editing an object" is on page 29 of the manual, which I looked at on the RS website. What I do not see there, is what details you can access, or at least nothing that shows where you are able to change frequencies, or CTCSS tones.

I would look there, if I were you. Make sure you have your current programming saved, before you make any changes, so you can restore what is there, at the least.

jenlk1207

Ok, I've looked through the users guide but haven't had much luck. If you are able to find anything, that would be great.

Romak3

Banned
You in a hilly area? You may be out of range with stock antenna and in the interference (house).

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Can you edit entries with the software provided with the radio?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Once again, your CTCSS tone is wrong, based on what you say you want to listen to and the picture you posted.

Your picture shows:
Freq 151.385 CTCSS 141.3

You say you need:
Freq 151.385 CTCSS 110.9

Therefore, you need to edit the data in the radio, or update the radio's info from the database here.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
You can only make tone changes via software and a pc not with the 107 itself.
1 option is to get someone to upgrade it at your local radioshack or someone online programs the settings you want and mails you the chip. Because the software does not work with a mac that you have on the otherhand a netbook for 199.00 the free software and radioreference and you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.