Pro-107 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

templar94

A friend gave me a Pro-107 so I can listen to Nellis AFB here in Las Vegas but neither one of us knows how to operate it. I am a real dummy but am able to find certain frequencies like the tower and clearance. I guess what I want to do is set up a playlist to scan several freqs at the base but have no idea where to start. Can one of you guys help me with the steps I need to take to do this. I believe in time I want to learn all about scanners but for now I just need to get off the ground. Thanks in advance.

davdri

Do you have the owners manual? That is a good place to start, also the CD with the software installation. Installing the software on your computer makes things so much easier to look at and set your scanner for the Las Vegas area. All the frequencies that you need are on the SD card in the scanner, you just need to add what you want into channels on the scanner. If you don't have the software disc you can still do it by hand but is tedious at best. You really do need the owners manual, you can download it in pdf form at several places on the internet. Most Military freqs. can not be picked up on this scanner, if that is all you are looking for. I have the Pro 107 so I can be somewhat helpful if you get stuck but I can't walk you through the whole process on the forum.

templar94

Thanks. I have kind of figured out that I need the software but I have a Mac. I am going to install Windoze on it just so I can do stuff like this. Also the really cool flight sims are Win too. Have the 107 manual online version. I think I will be able to set up playlists with the software. If I get stuck I'll be back. I am having a blast with this scanner now with my limited capabilities. Going to be lots of fun once I get set up right.

Status
Not open for further replies.