Pro-107 iScan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogblast

I bought the Radioshack Pro 107 -iScan off of Craigs List. It's fine and I got a great deal on it. The Problem is I didnt get the cord or software CD. I just received the software (ordered it from Radioshack) and loaded it - but cant do a thing without the cable I'm guessing. Radioshack stopped making/selling them. Suggestions? Thanks!

jamesa53

That USB cable is fairly expensive, its about 42 dollars without shipping from RS and a few days ago they were out of stock. Good news is you do not need it to program your radio, you can do that with an SD card reader and the iScan software. You will need the cable for firmware updates to the scanner as well as if you want to charge the batteries while in the radio.

dogblast

Wow. So everything I do gets transferred when I put the SD card back in the scanner? My PC reads SD cards so I guess I better give it a try. Thanks SO much!
Dan

jamesa53

You are correct. The software writes to the SD card, and when you put it back in the scanner it uses the configuration written by the software. You can also update the RRDB Library on it for free using the SD card reader and the iScan software. These updates come out once per week. You also can have multiple configurations stored on your computer, but can only use one at a time on the SD card. If you havent already, download the manual for this from the RS site.

dogblast

Jeez, thanks a lot - I put the software on my PC (windows 7) and it read the card etc, but I cant scroll down on the main page of the program of my PC. It wont let me do much and I dont know HOW to open up or manipulate the Playlists on my P.C.. I will download the manual I reckon. Thanks so much!
Dan

ousportsfan1

Try clicking the updates at the top of the Iscan program...then update the software, I believe that was actually a fix in the release notes of the update. Also update the library, then at the bottom you can click the import library tab, you can then choose from all states, categories, and add them to a playlist once you have that you can then import all that you have to the SD card. Stick your SD card back in and click play.

dogblast

Good Golly, You're a great help but guess what? When I go to download the file I get an error message saying "Error locating locat updater file".. JEEEZ. Hate to ask you, but any suggestions?
Thanks ever so...
Dan

ousportsfan1

I believe the data on the SD card may be corrupt, save everything on it now in a folder on your desktop so if you need it you can put it back the way it was. Now under update it says prepare SD card you can click that and I believe it formats the SD card and will upload the correct things on there for you. Its worth a shot but remember save what you have on the SD card now.

dogblast

Well after about an hour of trying to get the SD formatted, I think I did, then it did allow me to perform download of new software and now its stopping me at the last step. After it downloads and says "Download Complete" I try to continue and I get error" Access violation 004034AF in module isacanupdaterexe. Read address of FFFFFFFF "... God help me...Thanks,
Dan

ousportsfan1

Well after about an hour of trying to get the SD formatted, I think I did, then it did allow me to perform download of new software and now its stopping me at the last step. After it downloads and says "Download Complete" I try to continue and I get error" Access violation 004034AF in module isacanupdaterexe. Read address of FFFFFFFF "... God help me...Thanks,
Dan

This is just a hunch but close the software once its closed right click on the Icon for the program and RUN as administrator. Thats really the only thing I can think of. I will see if I can find anything else on that error.

dogblast

Stop the presses! "Run as Administrator" worked! It looks like I am now able to navigate around the screen. Unfortunately I cant mess with it anymore but thanks SO much for getting me back to square one with this thing. You rule.
Dan

dogblast

Thanks - Ive HAD this for 3 weeks and havent really been able to to anything except randomly search for stuff. I have to figure out how to delete all the playlist stuff (the previous owner was not in my area) and start over but at least I can navigate the menu. Also as it turns out I know NOTHING about scanning, we had them around when I was a kid and they had crystals and you monitored one or 2 freqs.. I'm lost but at least I'm at the point where I have a working unit! Thanks again. I'll be sure to ask you a bazillion questions. But first I will consult the manual!
God Bless you.
Dan

K1VQP

Now that we're on the subject of deleting playlists...can someone explain the difference between removing a channel and deleting a channel from a playlist? Also, I guess there's no other way to delete channels except doing it one at a time?

kcoleman

Now that we're on the subject of deleting playlists...can someone explain the difference between removing a channel and deleting a channel from a playlist? Also, I guess there's no other way to delete channels except doing it one at a time?

From the 107 help file:

Remove Channel

This button will remove all selected channels from the currently selected Playlist. These channels will remain in the configuration and in any other playlists they are a member of.

Delete Channel

This button will completely remove any selected channels from the configuration. These channels will be removed from all playlists and permanently removed.

To delete multiple channels, under the "RECORD" column, click the frequency that you want and this should highlight the entire row. While holding the CTRL key, you can select as many frequencies as you want and delete at one time.

Good Luck,
Keith

K1VQP

To delete multiple channels, under the "RECORD" column, click the frequency that you want and this should highlight the entire row. While holding the CTRL key, you can select as many frequencies as you want and delete at one time.

Ok, now this is where I got lost. I don't see the "RECORD" column anywhere on the I-scan programming screen. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place.

dogblast

Hey Mikewd, I dont see a RECORD button either. How did you delete channels?
Thanks,
Dan

K1VQP

Hey Mikewd, I dont see a RECORD button either. How did you delete channels?
Thanks,
Dan

Open the iScan program, then go to playlist, click on the first channel and then while holding down the Ctrl key, just continue highlighting each channel on the list and when you're finished use the delete channel button. That should clear the entire playlist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.