Pro-107 iScan Software1.0 won't update

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I'm running Win7 64 bit and while the proscan software programs and updates the scanner fine. When I try to update the proscan 1.0 software version I receive this error.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 824

mikey60

I'm running Win7 64 bit and while the proscan software programs and updates the scanner fine. When I try to update the proscan 1.0 software version I receive this error.

From what I read in the other thread, try running the app as administrator and then do the update.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Running as an admin allowed me to update the program, but when I tried to update the data from the computer to the SD card the data was corrupted and deleted all the data on the card.
I had to restart the iScan program then use my computer backup to restore the original data from the SD card.

jpunix

Hmm... Interesting. I was the one that discovered that under Win 7-64 the software must be run in administrator mode the first time. After that it could be run as a normal user.

Here were my installation steps:

1. I didn't let the installation run under auto-run off the CD. I manually went to the CD and told the setup program to run in administrator mode.

2. I ran the installed iScan app as administrator and during that run did all the available updates.

3. I now run iScan as aa regular user without admin privs and have not had any issues.

warthog80525

Updater errors

Great ideas everyone! THANKS

I kept getting error opening local updater file. Ran the program as administrator (Win 7/32 bit) and files downloaded and following the screen prompts installed correctly.

Minor K7YJ
RV mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.