PRO-107 Issue-doesn't receive transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

olskool

Trying to figure out what is going on with the pro-107. I did the programming and updating for the frequencies in my area. The scanner doesn't receive transmission real well, poorly I would suggest, even with the better antenna I purchased. I have an old uniden 30 channel portable and that thing pick ups a lot. I can set the PRO-107 next to it and the uniden will pick up transmission and the PRO-107 justs keeps on scanning. What is confusing is the paging tone frequency doesn't work either. Uniden will receive the tone/page, my pager goes off, the PRO-107.. nothing. I checked and the frequency is programmed in and not locked out. Any idea why this thing is doing this? I purchased it a few days ago and am very disappointed so far. Great idea but real poor otherwise.

olskool

I did read through the other posts about Global & attenuate settings. I checked the settings and they are both turned off. Swapped antennas and no change. What's left to check.

N8IAA

Have you done all the firmware updates for the scanner?
Have you updated the database?
Do you have the ScanList enabled?
I have the PSR-700. They are basically the same scanner.
When you turn on the scanner, a screen shows
Scan
Browse Objects
Scanlists
Search
Browse Library
Move the cursor to Browse Objects, press SEL. It will take you to all the objects you have programmed. Make sure that everything is there.
Press MENU, then move the cursor to Scanlists, press the >. This should take you to the Scanlist menu.
There are boxes to the left of the Scanlists. Make sure that there is a check mark next to the Scanlist that you have your frequencies in. If not, press SEL, this will enable the Scanlist. This means that it is enabled. Press menu, then press the > to begin scanning.
HTH,
Larry

olskool

Yes, did all the updates and uploaded to the scanner & sd card. My menu is slightly different. Mine has playlists instead of scan lists. Yes, I only have one and it's checked. NOAA weather works fine. Confused.

olskool

Ok, it will receive transmissions. But, only very close ones. My local pd and the neighboring pd. no sheriffs dept or others are coming in. When I take it to work then the sheriffs channel will come through, however, I'm 5 miles away from them at that point. Any thoughts on this now?

olskool

Had enough, returned it and bought a portable uniden handheld. Too bad, I liked the idea of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.