Pro 107 Not receiving Edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone having problems with their Pro-107 with recieving Edacs trunking groups? I downloaded the data base in the playlist for Brevard County and I'm not recieving any groups. The only thing I recieve is the few conventional channels I put in. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Re-Pro 107

I'm importing the Library from the RR database. I don't see anywhere in the software where you can set up the Frequencies for the proper postion for Edacs.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Has anyone having problems with their Pro-107 with recieving Edacs trunking groups? I downloaded the data base in the playlist for Brevard County and I'm not recieving any groups. The only thing I recieve is the few conventional channels I put in. Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
Other then LCN mentioned by N1BHH, insure you mapped the talkgroups to a scanlist and have that list toggled to ON.

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Re-Pro 107

What I'm confused about is...Wouldn't the RR Library have the Edacs Rebanding up to date. What I'm doing is get the Edacs groups from the RR Library and uploading to the scanner. I don't really see in the software where I can set up the LCN in Logical order. Maybe I missing something. I wish there was Win software for this scanner.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
What I'm confused about is...Wouldn't the RR Library have the Edacs Rebanding up to date. What I'm doing is get the Edacs groups from the RR Library and uploading to the scanner. I don't really see in the software where I can set up the LCN in Logical order. Maybe I missing something. I wish there was Win software for this scanner.
RR Database is only updated when a user in the area submits data for the update. Thus, rebanding is a solution for users in your area.

Most software should list LCN's as listed in Database, however, EDACS systems must use each sites LCN's in separate TSYS but TGRP Objects can share same scanlist number. Each TSYS will need it's own TGRP Objects.

Edit:Oops, yours is a 107 not 197. Do you even need software for this scanner?

Last edited:

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Re-Pro 107

Yes, There's talk groups in my aera that are not in the RR database.

scannerfreak

Database Admin

Thanks

EDACS works great in the radio, it must be something wrong on your end or in the DB :) Make sure you are importing sites as well as groups or the system will not import at all. Did you check out the video in the sticky I referred you to earlier?

I don't really see in the software where I can set up the LCN in Logical order. Maybe I missing something. I wish there was Win software for this scanner.

Under the "General" tab, Display Settings, turn Simple Display OFF. You will now see a trunking tab where you can manually create and edit trunked systems.

Yes, There's talk groups in my aera that are not in the RR database.

How about submitting them so others can benefit from this? Problem solved :)

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
EDACS works great in the radio, it must be something wrong on your end or in the DB :) Make sure you are importing sites as well as groups or the system will not import at all. Did you check out the video in the sticky I referred you to earlier?

Under the "General" tab, Display Settings, turn Simple Display OFF. You will now see a trunking tab where you can manually create and edit trunked systems.

How about submitting them so others can benefit from this? Problem solved :)

If they are sensitive groups I wouldn't post them.

Droid53

Premium Subscriber
Re-Pro 107

With the help of everyone...I finally figured out on how to program this scanner.

Thank you all for your kind help.

jamesa53

In the RS supplied software with the 107, there is a Systems Frequencies tab that will allow you to see what they are and the order that they are in similar to what is in WIN500. Not sure you can do that on the radio itself. When you selected the System it should have imported them in the correct order.

SCPD

QRT
There is no such policy on Radio Reference.

Wow, picky picky! I didn't say posting sensitive talkgroups was against RR policy, did I? But I did say "if it's a sensitive talk group I wouldn't post it." So where's the wrong in that statement? Are we jumping to conclusions prematurely now? Are you done twisting my words around now?

Oh gee, this is going to get me a demerit or something, isn't it?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Wow, picky picky! I didn't say posting sensitive talkgroups was against RR policy, did I? But I did say "if it's a sensitive talk group I wouldn't post it." So where's the wrong in that statement? Are we jumping to conclusions prematurely now? Are you done twisting my words around now?

Oh gee, this is going to get me a demerit or something, isn't it?

Seriously, grow up. I wanted to make clear to everyone reading that one person's paranoia about "sensitive" information being in the DB doesn't mean there is a policy against the posting of such information, and thus, one not to be discouraged to submit such info to the DB.

Status
Not open for further replies.