pro 107 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia2006

Premium Subscriber
just got pro 107 today, and it works great/easy to program so far. just need help in discovering how to hear i-call on it. i think i read it does hear i calls. any help appreciated.

thanks in advance

wkroitzsch

If you are in range of the radios use the signal stalker mode or if you know the name of the business you would like to scan use the programing software to upload the freqs to the SD card and then to the scanner. If the freqs are not in the software data base you can plug them into the scanner manually or t upload to SD card and then to scanner....The manual will cover all the bases for these OPs. Hope this helps,,,,,,,,Happy Scanning

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
I believe he is talking about two radios on an trunked radio systems using private call/i-call to talk to each other only.. I will read up on this some as I only know how to do it with Uniden and am not sure if the 107 does it or not. If it does that is great though...

scannerfreak

Database Admin
You need to setup the PV wildcard under the trunking tab in the software. Follow these steps in the software:

1. On the General tab, under the display settings, turn simple display OFF
2. You should now see a trunked systems tab, click on it
3. Select/highlight the appropriate system
4. Click on the Radio ID Tab
5. Click the Add Wildcard button, you can also manually add Radio ID's here
6. Upload the new config to your SD card

Hope this helps :)

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
You need to setup the PV wildcard under the trunking tab in the software. Follow these steps in the software:

1. On the General tab, under the display settings, turn simple display OFF
2. You should now see a trunked systems tab, click on it
3. Select/highlight the appropriate system
4. Click on the Radio ID Tab
5. Click the Add Wildcard button, you can also manually add Radio ID's here
6. Upload the new config to your SD card

Hope this helps :)

Is there a method to change the Decimal/Hex ID format display somewhere?

DonS

Is there a method to change the Decimal/Hex ID format display somewhere?

In the PC software: General Settings tab, "Talkgroup ID Display Mode" drop-down. RadioIDs will be displayed in HEX if and only if that item is set to "Hex"; otherwise, they're in decimal.

DonS

You may want to verify that. I'm not convinced this poster made any changes to his General Settings unless he was unaware of the change he made.
http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/168923-107-private-call.html#post1230097

If we're referring to the two IDs ("xxxx -> yyyy") that are shown on the 3rd text line of the LCD while monitoring a "private call" transmission, then the values are always shown in hexadecimal.

For some reason, I had it in my head that we were referring to the display of "RadioID: xxxxx" on the bottom line of the LCD while receiving a talkgroup transmission on a MOT or EDACS system - in that case, my above is correct.

italia2006

Premium Subscriber
so i will not be able to see private calls like psr 500 where a 4 digit code shows up and not numbers and letters. sorry not up on weather its hex/ decimal or what ever.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
If we're referring to the two IDs ("xxxx -> yyyy") that are shown on the 3rd text line of the LCD while monitoring a "private call" transmission, then the values are always shown in hexadecimal.

For some reason, I had it in my head that we were referring to the display of "RadioID: xxxxx" on the bottom line of the LCD while receiving a talkgroup transmission on a MOT or EDACS system - in that case, my above is correct.

So if it's set general settings to Hex for the display it will show the RadioID and TGID in Hex, or just the RadioID?

I have to ask. Why would you want one display function (Private Call) in HEX while the RadioID is in decimal, wouldn't this confuse new and advanced users? If I'm going to choose HEX for the display, I would want to see the Private Call (which is really a Radio ID->RadioID), the active TGID, and RadioID.

So, if you alpha-tag a RadioID does it display on Private Call?

Status
Not open for further replies.