Pro 107 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thagewood

I just had a couple of questions. I have recently purchased a Radio Shack Pro 107 Iscan trunking scanner and was woundering I seam to be able to receive broadcast from my local area wich is Harvey Co Kansas but I have Programed the surrounding counties like Sedgwick, Reno, Butler, Mcpherson. I dont receive anything from them so I was thing about getting a antenna to put outside and was woundering does anyone have any recomendations on a antenna they have had any luck with? I do understand their are a lot of factors adding up to the performance the antenna like obstructions ect. but without trying one I will not know. So I was hopeing to get some info about the different types have even consider maybe building one on my own. I also had another question about the sedgwick Co frequenices I have programmed when I am at my house I can not pick up anything but on a couple of time know I have taken my scanner to Wichita-Sedgwick with me and it still does nothing but I am able to still pick up Newton-Harvey Co? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thagewood

I wanted to ask I am think about getting a scanner for the digital freq. any recommendation on any types of scanner I should get? I am ariginaly from Tennessee and have just recently started to mess with my scanners. Thanks for any Info

dgruver911

You shouldn't need an outside antenna. I can pick up Wichita and Sedgwick County just fine with a handheld. You must not have something programmed correctly. McPherson is another story...their system is so weak I can't pick it up even WITH an outside antenna. But I can start picking it up on a mobile or handheld within about 5 miles west or north of Newton. Go figure. I'm not familiar with the 107 but I'll do a little research and see if I can help you get it set up right.

Added: Bad news dude.....the 107 does not do P25....so you're not going to be able to listen to anything on the state 800 system....and that includes Butler, Reno, KHP and within a couple of years, Sedgwick County.

Last edited:

thagewood

pro 107

Thanks alot for the post. I was thinking about getting a different scanner so I can get the digital siginals. Any recommendations on any perticular brands or types? All I have ever owned was Radio Shack scanners. I was also thinking about getting a outside antenna to hopefully boost my range. Any recommendations on any perticular brands or types of antennas? Maybe I can hook both scanners and listen? I was also woundering is the any stores around locally that sells scanners and antennas other than Radio Shack? Thanks again for the info it it greatly appreciated.

thagewood

pro 107

I erased everything and started over. Still the same. I can get the Newton conventional freq. but not the Wichita / Sedgwick County - Motorola Type II Smartnet or Nextel (Wichita) - EDACS Wichita not even while Im in Wichita? I dont know what I am doing wrong or if it is just the scanner? Help this is driving me crazy!!! lol Thank for any Info.

jasonkw

I just had a couple of questions. I have recently purchased a Radio Shack Pro 107 Iscan trunking scanner and was woundering I seam to be able to receive broadcast from my local area wich is Harvey Co Kansas but I have Programed the surrounding counties like Sedgwick, Reno, Butler, Mcpherson. I dont receive anything from them so I was thing about getting a antenna to put outside and was woundering does anyone have any recomendations on a antenna they have had any luck with? I do understand their are a lot of factors adding up to the performance the antenna like obstructions ect. but without trying one I will not know. So I was hopeing to get some info about the different types have even consider maybe building one on my own. I also had another question about the sedgwick Co frequenices I have programmed when I am at my house I can not pick up anything but on a couple of time know I have taken my scanner to Wichita-Sedgwick with me and it still does nothing but I am able to still pick up Newton-Harvey Co? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most of Reno County has gone to digital. The only exceptions are Hutchinson PD and some of the rural fire departments which are still using the old system for paging and backup communications. The PRO 107 does not recieve digital transmissions so you will not be able to hear them.

Last edited:

dgruver911

I erased everything and started over. Still the same. I can get the Newton conventional freq. but not the Wichita / Sedgwick County - Motorola Type II Smartnet or Nextel (Wichita) - EDACS Wichita not even while Im in Wichita? I dont know what I am doing wrong or if it is just the scanner? Help this is driving me crazy!!! lol Thank for any Info.

Are you able to see what freqs and talkgroups are programmed in the 107 for Sedgwick County? Are all 20 channels entered (856-860.2625/4625/7375/9625) and the dispatch talkgroups (16,48,80,2800,242,656,432,1360). If you can verify these are correct than it should be working.

thagewood

pro 107

All 20 channels are entered and the dispatch talkgroups it just seams that I get a strong siginal from the looks of the siginal meter but all I hear is static? Thanks very much for all the replies.

dgruver911

All 20 channels are entered and the dispatch talkgroups it just seams that I get a strong siginal from the looks of the siginal meter but all I hear is static? Thanks very much for all the replies.

And it's set for Motorola Type II FM, not NFM or P25? If it is and it's still not working then my guess would be it is just a very poor receiver, or it's defective. Radio Shack Joe, care to step in here?

jereck_99

Premium Subscriber
Motorla type 2 and i just put the control channel in my scanner for sedgwick co and the new Kansas P25 if you have more question you can email at jeremeck75@gmail.com and i will be on all day today

n0lqt

The Pro-107 came out after I retired the "da Shack." What little I know about it is that it has the full Radio Reference Database included on an SD memory chip. Wichita hasn't changed that much recently (added a few more talkgroups, but no change in frequencies yet for rebanding) so the info on the chip should still be current. I think it comes with a software package also, you might run that and see if there is an "Update Database" option so as to get the latest version of the RR database.

One thing to check, I've noticed some RS scanners come factory programmed with global attenuation turned on. Make sure there isn't a large "G" or "A" on the top line of the display near the middle. If so, you will need to go in and turn off the attenuation feature.

Another item, the stock antenna that comes with all of the GRE made scanners at Radio Shack is so-so for VHF/UHF, but are just lousy for 800-900 MHz. Lose that one and go get a 20-283 800 MHz antenna. They are 20 bucks, but well worth it. If all else fails, head back to the Shack and have them step thru the programming with you. That is what they are there for (other than trying to sell you a new cell phone everytime you walk thru the door)......JoeP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.