Pro-107 Signal Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshw008

I live in Pasadena, TX and have used this Pro-107 regularly to listen to the FD and PD in my area, and might I add it has been excellent in overall quality, now it does not seem to be able to pick up the channels, it will simply light up with the channel that is active and make a disturbing static noise, it seems almost as if the signals is scrambled. I have tried adjusting the squelch, changing antenna's, batteries, reprogramming it. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Pasadena

Living in Michigan I wasn't sure where Pasadena Texas was so I Googled it. I see it's in Harris county so that helps. Looking up Harris county on the database I see it is a mixed P25 and analog system but don't see any digital TG's yet so next I noticed some sites have been rebanded. Have you reprogrammed since the rebanding?

So I have two guesses,
1.) Some TG's are now P25 and the 107 can't decode P25
2.) The frequencies you have entered have now been rebanded and are no longer valid.

Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

Les

I live in Pasadena, TX and have used this Pro-107 regularly to listen to the FD and PD in my area, and might I add it has been excellent in overall quality, now it does not seem to be able to pick up the channels, it will simply light up with the channel that is active and make a disturbing static noise, it seems almost as if the signals is scrambled. I have tried adjusting the squelch, changing antenna's, batteries, reprogramming it. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Joshw008

Living in Michigan I wasn't sure where Pasadena Texas was so I Googled it. I see it's in Harris county so that helps. Looking up Harris county on the database I see it is a mixed P25 and analog system but don't see any digital TG's yet so next I noticed some sites have been rebanded. Have you reprogrammed since the rebanding?

So I have two guesses,
1.) Some TG's are now P25 and the 107 can't decode P25
2.) The frequencies you have entered have now been rebanded and are no longer valid.

Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

Les

Well you seem to be correct, my brother is a police officer in Harris County and my wife is a Volunteer Fire Fighter in Harris County, my brothers email for the county and my wifes email for the city both have announcements stating everything around here is being "rebanded" and the channels I mainly listen to were rebanded December 7th, 2011.

So what do I need to do to enable me to listen to these "rebanded" channels?

Or is the PRO-107 not capable of performing?

Joshw008

So I believe now all I can do is wait for a new library update with the new "rebanded" channels?

My worst fear here is I won't be able to pick them up anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.