Pro-107 Software-- Can't See Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flibmeister

This is really a Windows question, I think, but the Pro-107 software is the only one I've run across with this problem, so maybe somebody else here has solved it.

I've installed the software on my netbook (running XP) and it runs fine-- but I can't see the bottom of the window where (I suspect) the tabs for Playlist, etc. are. It's as if there should be a slider on the side (like there is on a long web page), but there isn't one.

I've tried running the program fullscreen, and in a window, and I've tried dragging and resizing the window every way I know how, but I can't get it to move far enough up to see the bottom of the window. Different screen resolutions don't help, either.

EDIT: I did update the software to the latest version, doesn't fix the problem.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

Mike445

Same problem on my Acer netbook running Windows 7 and XP Dual Boot. No tabs in Simple Mode Off. Haven't been able to test it on a desktop yet cuz its 200 miles away! I also have done ALL upgrades.
Mike

jdionne48

I just got my wife a netbook and gave it to her for an early Christmas present, and I think I'm getting my Pro-107 today for my birthday....Anyway, it probably is a windows issue. Try right clicking on your taskbar and on the properties, auto-hide the task bar. I had the same issue with another program on my wife's netbook and this did the trick.

The taskbar is at the bottom of the screen.

Last edited:

Flibmeister

Afraid I've already tried autohiding the taskbar, it gives me a little more of the window, but not enough to see the tabs. Guess I'll have to use a different computer. Bummer, the netbook is the one I always have with me.

Happy Birthday, enjoy the Pro-107. I was so impressed with mine the day I got it, I ordered one for my brother-in-law for Christmas.

Mike445

Same thing, I tried moving the taskbar, autohide too. Still can't see the tabs. I'll use this computer (netbook) too update the scanner, software, and database and I'll use the desktop at home to make my own configuration. Only really need to do it once. WOO! I love this radio. The size is perfect. It has (for now) replaced my Pro 97 as my analogue scanner. I just have to see how it'll work for airshow frequencies. Signal Stalker is just as good as the Pro 97. I can pick up planes as they are taking off and flying low in the gereral area. I'm happy so far!

jdionne48

Thank you! And glad to hear you guys like it. It's replacing my Pro-95 and Pro-96. Can't imagine not having to collect frequencies as I've done for the last 15 years!

kd0ewk

The reason you can't see the tabs is that on 10" or smaller netbooks the screen resolution is something x 600 which is not high enough you need something like 1024 x 720 . To get around this on windows XP -- right click on the screen and go to properties then to the setting tab, there you will see the the resolution of the screen you will not be able to make if any higher.

At this point hit the advanced button and hit the general tab if you are not there already. You will have a Display box change the dpi settings to Custom and then set it to 85% or 82dpi. Hit apply and then ok and you will probably need to reboot. When it reboots everything will be alittle smaller. Make sure you autohide the taskbar. Now when you start the ISCAN software you will see the entire window and the tabs as long as the window is postioned althe way to the top or full screen.

This can probably be done with other versions of windows. The cost of this is that everything will be alittle smaller for all applications. For me this was not a problem. To prevent this before you buy a netbook buy one with at least a 11" screen. Hope this helps

Flibmeister

That method works! Unfortunately, my 59-year-old eyes can't deal with the print being so fine ALL the time (in fact, now that I know how, I may try making it a little bigger)-- but I don't use the PRO-107software too often, so this is a suitable workaround for those occasions when I do.

Thanks!

jwitey

IMO, I would think that the iscan is meant more fo someone who uses computers a lot. That is why I ordered one, I figured my computer has everything I need to set it up and keep it updated, also as for as adding your own frequencies, most of them I look for I use my computer to find them, now I will hopefully be able to copy and paste new frequencies into the scanner's sd card, as I find them,
John.

Status
Not open for further replies.