PRO 107 Software Screen Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sperrier

Gentlemen,
I am unable to see the buttons on the right side of the Playlists page so I can't easily select the channels I want to program. Also, half of the copyright notice on the right side of the Library import page is cut off vertically.

I am running the software under Vista Home Premium in 1440 x 900 pixel resolution (highest resolution my machine will display). I have experimented with lower resolutions, but that only makes the software image grow. I use an HP laptop that has an Nvidia graphics card and I can see the tabs at the bottom; it's just that the image is too wide and there is no horizontal scroll bar.

I have used the software update function and the message is that my software is current. The release notes say:

"Bug fixes:

* If the program does not fit on the current screen size, the program will be resized to fit the screen and scroll bars will be enabled to access parts of the program that are not visible."

This is not functional on my system. I also have run the program in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2) and Windows 2000. No improvement.

I'm out of ideas to try. Does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks in advance for your help.

/Sperrier

rdrokker

me also

I had to go back to software version 1.00,The update to 1.02 wiped out my playlist options on the right..I also have vista.All the options came back for the individual playlists.

sperrier

iSCAN Software Screen Image Problem

GRE wrote the software. I spoke with GRE tech support about the problem and after some conversation I sent screen shots showing the problem. These were to be forwarded to the software development team in Japan. The software displays correctly on an XP laptop and a Lenovo desktop running Vista Home Premium. My HP laptop doesn't display correctly. Video driver or hardware? No way I can tell. I'm going to update the HP video driver and see if that helps. Last software update was April.

sperrier

iScan Software Problem, continued

I installed a new video driver for my HP laptop; no fix. It looks like some type of hardware incompatibility. Interesting that version 1.00 displayed properly worked and 1.02 didn't (as I understand other threads I have seen). Maybe the solution is as simple as a small programming error when they issued the new version. We can hope.

sperrier

iSCAN Software Beta Test

Gentlemen,

Today I received and beta-tested the latest iSCAN software version on my HP laptop. The image size problem was cured, but the program hung with an error message as I was attempting to update the library; perhaps not quite ready for prime time. I don't know if it was just a bug or it was crippled to assure that it could not be distributed.

Stay tuned.

/Sperrier

sperrier

iSCAN Screen Problem Solved

Gentlemen,

The problem with my failed test run last night was pilot error; I ran the .EXE file from my download subdirectory where it did not have access to it's associated .DLL and library files. Once I moved it to the installation subdirectory, it all worked OK. The display error is now corrected and I was able to update the library to version 30 with no problems. I have advised GRE of this tonight and perhaps they will make it available for software update soon.

Special thanks to rdrokker for his encouragement and support.

Respectfully,

/Sperrier

rdrokker

Great Work,It's good to know someone understands how computer software works and follows through so others can benefit from his knowledge.Thanks Again,,,,,

acfiredept

I updated my software on my pro-107 and it did the same thing. I think that when they posted the upload there was a glitch in the system. Does anyone know how to change back to the 1.00 version?

Thanks,
acfiredept

rdrokker

I just uninstalled iscan program and used search to eliminate the leftovers,than reinstalled software from disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.