PRO-107 Updating Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a PRO-107 at RS and can not update the firmware, software, or library. However, the connection is properly made with the scanner via USB cable when attempting to update the firmware, as the scanner shows connection dialogue.

I get error messages when trying to update the software or library: UPDATE CHECK ERROR - There was an error getting current version information from the website. The error message received was S. Current version on the update site: -01. The version of the database on your computer is invalid. Please click on the download update button below to download the current available library files.

UPDATE CHECK ERROR: There was an error getting the current version from the web site. The error message received was: Socket Error #10060. Connection timed out.

I am using Vista and never have problems like this. The program is being run under administrator privileges. I have disabled all firewalls and other software that may prevent the files from being accessed. Any help is appreciated, as I do not want to return the scanner after just one day, unless I can not update the information. THANKS!

I just bought a PRO-107 at RS and can not update the firmware, software, or library. However, the connection is properly made with the scanner via USB cable when attempting to update the firmware, as the scanner shows connection dialogue.

I get error messages when trying to update the software or library: UPDATE CHECK ERROR - There was an error getting current version information from the website. The error message received was S. Current version on the update site: -01. The version of the database on your computer is invalid. Please click on the download update button below to download the current available library files.

UPDATE CHECK ERROR: There was an error getting the current version from the web site. The error message received was: Socket Error #10060. Connection timed out.

I am using Vista and never have problems like this. The program is being run under administrator privileges. I have disabled all firewalls and other software that may prevent the files from being accessed. Any help is appreciated, as I do not want to return the scanner after just one day, unless I can not update the information. THANKS!

Just updated mine and it went good, had to do step 4 a few times. Make sure the update screen is present when doing this.

CStarr59

I'm running vista and had no problems. Try removing the software and reinstalling it, let it update itself and then try again. I'm running Mcafee security and all i had to do was allow access. Are you sure you are using the correct usb port assinged to your cable? Good luck, let me know how you make out.

cquirk

I could sware this question popped up some where else today. I am assuming ( yes I really do not know so if thisis not it sorry) that you are expecitng the CF card and the computer card to be at the same versions and that the data base for the CF card, sits on your computer and syncs when you change things around and update the files through the USB cable.

Page 43 of the manual kind of expalins it all, and kind of tells you what is going on. To update the CF card is has to be done with the card plugged into a computer directly. I have a little USB adapter I use and I read and write all my changes to it then plug it back into the radio. You get used to it after a while seems rather silly but what ever.

What I thought would happen is that the software would update on my laptop and then it would write to the CF card through the USB cable. Nope you update the software on the computer and then download to the CF card directly. I have the program on 3 computers so I read from the CF card first, alter what I need to alter and then download the changes. I also keep all the computers at the same level of sotware.

The computer software will update the application and the library with out a cable connected to the 107

Some comercial radio work like this to read/load the code plug before you do anything

ps IT IS A REALLY GREAT RADIO AND WORTH THE EFFORT

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Sounds like Compact Flash an older digital media similar to the Secure Digital card.

SCPD

QRT
From the Wiki ..

Windows Vista users: When upgrading the supplied iScan software, users MUST right click on the desktop shortcut and launch the iScan software by selecting the option to run the application under "administrator" mode. If you do not do this you will get an error message when trying to update the library or the software. Even if you are the administrator on file and look at properties of your computer and it shows you are the administrator most likely all programs are launched under "user" mode. Users Must launch iScan under "administrator" mode to be able to update without error.

Give this a try ..

From the Wiki ..

Windows Vista users: When upgrading the supplied iScan software, users MUST right click on the desktop shortcut and launch the iScan software by selecting the option to run the application under "administrator" mode. If you do not do this you will get an error message when trying to update the library or the software. Even if you are the administrator on file and look at properties of your computer and it shows you are the administrator most likely all programs are launched under "user" mode. Users Must launch iScan under "administrator" mode to be able to update without error.

Give this a try ..

Thanks, but as I stated, I have admin privs and have tried the suggestions numerous times. I wish this was the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.