Pro-107 won't save playlists

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyjason13

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a pro-107 scanner today. Having some trouble...

I make my playlists, and am able to listen to them. However, when I stop scanning or turn off the device, my playlists are erased. Anyone have this problem or know what could be the problem? All is done on the scanner itself.

Thanks!

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
When the scanner is turned on and "Browse Objects" is selected, there are no frequencies or talk groups ( for trunked systems) listed?

After turning the radio on, the user has to press "SEL" when "Playlist" is selected to start receiving.

nyjason13

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a pro-107 scanner today. Having some trouble...

I make my playlists, and am able to listen to them. However, when I stop scanning or turn off the device, my playlists are erased. Anyone have this problem or know what could be the problem? All is done on the scanner itself.

Thanks!

When the scanner is turned on and "Browse Objects" is selected, there are no frequencies or talk groups ( for trunked systems) listed?

After turning the radio on, the user has to press "SEL" when "Playlist" is selected to start receiving.

Correct. After I set them up, it all works as normal. Everything is listed in "Browse Objects" and will play when I select Play from the main menu. But when I return to the main menu or turn the device off, everything is gone and I have to set up the playlists all over again.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Do you have access to a PC with a SD card reader? If so, have you looked at the configuration file on the computer using the software that came with the radio?

nyjason13

Premium Subscriber
It's unlocked. I'll install the software on my computer and check it out. But from my understanding, shouldn't it work correctly out of the box? (sorry, just venting some frustration)

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
But from my understanding, shouldn't it work correctly out of the box?

Yes it does work out of the box but I found that even though I have learned to program scanners since the early days of entering frequencies using binary code, I learned more about the programing of this radio using the software than using the menu's and reading the manual. Look at thread http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/168000-pro107-playlist-help-needed.html and see some additional information on programing the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.