Pro 107

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tparlett

I am trying to get information and willing to pay for anything I can get. I recently got the Pro 107 scanner, My wife purchased it for me and it did not come with Disc or Cable. I put the SD Card into the PC and its nothing there. Radio Shack and ScannerMaster both declined to help me. I am hoping the $60 she paid for it is not a waste.

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
I think you can still find the Iscan software on the Radio Shack site. If not I would Google for it. The 107 is a fun little scanner-wish I had a couple more.

Hope this helps

enigma-2

Premium Subscriber
As you already have the SD card, why not just buy a RS cable off Ebay and put the RadioReference database on the SD Card yourself? (Don't forget to format the card before uploading).

(Correct me if I'm wrong as I don't own this scanner, but isn't the card's database designed to be updatable through this site - RadioReference?)

cru1242

Senior Newbie-12th Year
Premium Subscriber
Pro-107

You will need the software. You do not necessarily need the cable. You can program the card by placing it in the SD card slot in your computer. The software will read it. At least on Windows 7. Can't speak for Windows 10.

N8IAA

I am trying to get information and willing to pay for anything I can get. I recently got the Pro 107 scanner, My wife purchased it for me and it did not come with Disc or Cable. I put the SD Card into the PC and its nothing there. Radio Shack and ScannerMaster both declined to help me. I am hoping the $60 she paid for it is not a waste.

You haven't been on since you posted, your county sheriff and city PD are using P-25 conventional frequencies. The Pro-107 will not work to decode those.
Just the FD is analog.

enigma-2

Premium Subscriber
You will need the software. You do not necessarily need the cable. You can program the card by placing it in the SD card slot in your computer. The software will read it. At least on Windows 7. Can't speak for Windows 10.
Ah thanks cru1242,. Don't know about Tparlett's computers, none of my computers have a SD card slot. I suppose that one could be purchased and plugged into a USB port. Point I was making was that he could do the programmed himself, by downloading the database from RadioReference to the SD card. I was guessing about a cable, so I assume all the op needs is either a cable to the scanner (if it accepts one) or a SD programmer connected to his computer and the ARC500 software ( which can be downloaded fro here). May not cost him anything to re-program the SD card and he's back in business.

Thanks again for keeping me honest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.