Pro 107

RFI-EMI-GUY

-
As I recall from briefly owning the Pro-107 years back ..... the PC/IF connector on the Pro-107 looked very similar to what the Uniden BCDx96T and BCDx96XT scanners used with the Uniden USB-1 cable. Take a real close look at the port on your Pro-107 and see if it looks like the female 4 pin connector in this pic:

hirose1-jpg.119355

The Uniden USB-1 cable has the serial to USB adaptor built into the cable ending with a USB connection to the computer, but I have no idea if the pinout or any of the following info would be compatible with the Pro-107 so proceed at your own risk!

As I recall, the Pro-107 had a 5 volt input to one of the pins in that connector for charging that the Uniden's don't use.

If that connector looks like the one you have, here's some info that might help...

The spec sheet for those connectors is here (it's the 4 position version):

There is a pinout guide here for the Uniden connection directly to a to a DB-9 serial port (pin #1 is at the notched end of the Uniden socket) :

A cheaper version of the Uniden USB-1 cable:

An older post from RR is here:

Wow this really helps. It appears to be exactly the cord I got from Amazon and the jack on the radio on close inspection, was buggered by previous owner in such a way that pins were staggered and the plastic separators cracked and blocked entry of the Amazon cable. So I have straightened it all out and the cord mates. I also have continuity for +5 and ground to the battery terminals. So I will be cancelling my Amazon return and try to replace the radio connector if possible.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I also have continuity for +5 and ground to the battery terminals. So I will be cancelling my Amazon return and try to replace the radio connector if possible.
Yep, those sockets were prone to failure, a lot of it was caused by folks mistaking it for a micro or mini USB socket and trying to force those connectors into the socket.

In case you didn't see it, this closeup from the old RR post shows the actual pinout from the Pro-107:

The female connector for the scanner should be available from Mouser, Digi-Key etc.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Yeah that view clearly shows what it should have looked like. Mine was crunched at the plastic guide. The connector is cheap to buy. I will give it a go.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Well my PRO-107 saga continues. I have some NIMH batteries that I tried to use, having charged them first with an external charger. Neither set powers the PRO-107. I thought at first that the positive terminals on the batteries were too short to make contact. But fixing that was no joy.