Pro-107's programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

First off if this is not the correct place for this question, please move it to the correct location.
Can you save more than one profile for the Pro-107? I would like to save different profiles for different areas or trips but so far all I can do is save the profile currently in use in the scanner.
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question but after reading through the manual and searching around the web, I'm still lost.

moustache

There are two options here I think. One is to have separate SD cards, each with their own configuration, and then modify those. The second is to use the EZ-Scan software, which allows for different configurations to be saved. Then you can upload them to the SD card as you see fit. The EZ-Scan software allows for more scanlist, but the pro-107 can only use the first 20, so just keep that in mind when programming. I think these are the 2 easiest options, not sure if the data files themselves can be manipulated to do what you want.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
By default everything goes into scanlist 1. I use scanlist 1 as a fav list like the 106 197 has then I setup the other scanlist by county or agency I can even run 2 trunking systems in the same scanlist with no triicks just enter the data. The pro-18 works the same way just digital and better display screen and more scanlists plus with both you cane run multiple SD cards with unlimited configs JUST TURN OFF THE POWER BEFORE REMOVING SD CARDS or you have to reformat and recopy from yuor computer as it trashes the SD card. You have a great little scanner enjoy.

Last edited:

Steve

Thanks guys for the response and information. I like my 107 and will since have a 18 also.
Buddy, when you say, "Just turn the power off before removing SD cards", do you mean turn the power off using the "hidden" power switch?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Anytime you remove the SD card from the scanner 1st turn the scanner off and remove the batteries and remove power from the USB cable or the SD card will become corrupted and will have to be setup from the computer software again.

Status
Not open for further replies.