Pro-135 Problem - Encryption or Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boosch101

I purchased my pro-135 about a month ago and I enjoy it very much. The problem i'm getting is that when I find the frequency of a security guard using Signal Stalker I can sometimes hear him speak but most of the times I just hear static. When his base responds to him it's always only static aswell. They are not using trunking I think and my squelch in turned on all the way.

I know that distance is not an issue since I am located very close to the base.
Squelch is not an issue.
Every other time that I use Signal Stalker anywhere else it works perfectly.

Are they using some kind of encryption or is it a digital transmition that I canot pick up.

Please help me. I would like to find out an answer.

KI6ABZ

Premium Subscriber
Does the "static" coincide with him pressing the button on the radio? If you're sure that the transmission is coming from his radio, then he could be using a digital rig. What frequency is this on? What kind of security is it? Private security? Military?

Astrak

If you hear some of the conversation probably not encryption or digital, I guess it could be a mixed mode type of deal. Try setting your squelch just above where you hear constant static. Have you confirmed it's a security service? What is the frequency and the location?

Boosch101

The frequency that I'm picking up is 451.737 in Hollywood, California. The security company is private but funded by very rich peolple so for them money is not a problem.

I have never heard the base say anything, but I can very rarely hear the roaming guard unless he's standing next to me. I can hear the base reply to him from over hlf a mile away but all I hear is only static.

My friend has a scanner too and he has never heard anything. He picked up the same frequency as me but all he gets is static aswell.

Astrak

Try putting in 451.7375 or 451.73625. I doubt you're hearing a control channel it would be constant noise.
An FCC ULS search of 451.7375 shows that the frequency is licensed to all low power radio users for security at either the grammy's oscar's or at 20th century fox and at Loyola Marymount University. You're probably just not hearing them because you have the squelch up to far or you are just to far away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.