Pro-137 and ARC137

Status
Not open for further replies.

CStarr59

Has anyone used ARC137 for the pro-137? If so how does it work? I am interested in purchasing a pro-137 as they are one sale for $149 at RS. There are also a few on ebay for good prices. I believe until recently there was not much in the way of software for this scanner. Has anyone used it, or have any opinions on this scanner they would like to share?

Steve

I have ARC137 and it makes the world of difference to me. I enjoyed my 137 before I got the software. But with the software it simplifies making changes. I plan on (if nothing happens) writing a "review" (if you can call it that) after I mess with the program more. But at this moment I like the software and recommend it.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Steve if you do ever write a review, feel free to post it in the wiki. It would make a unique addition to our collection

73 Mike

CStarr59

Update:

Bought the scanner and downloaded the free trial version of ARC137 and it was a snap to program the scanner and it works very well. I like the pro-137 as it is a small very nicely constructed scanner. It has good volume a very nice blue face and scans very quickly and picks up very good. I don't care for the SMA antenna connection especially with the longer antenna. But the radio works great with the shorter supplied antenna and that is what I am using until I can find a good SMA antenna for this radio. The battery life is super 12-14 hours on 3 AA rechargable batteries and the volume/squelch knob is actually very effecient and works well and looks good. So to sum it up I am very happy with this new addition. The pro-137 is a solid performer.

One more thing to note: On the RS website it shows this scanner as blue and pink, this is wrong there is no pink at all on this scanner. Blue/silver and black are the correct colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.