Pro-160 trunking talkgroups question

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I purchased a Pro-160 recently. I programmed it with the RadioReference function with some trunking channels and talkgroups. When I scan, in addition to the talkgroups that I added, I see talkgroups I didn't add. Of course just a 5 digit number is displayed. I only want to scan the talkgroups that I've programmed in. Is there a way to block the ones that I haven't programmed?

Is there a way to block the ones that I haven't programmed?
I am not familiar with that scanner, but in the UNIDEN Scanners, there is a way to switch from ID SEARCH to ID Scan.

ID SEARCH searches for ALL Talk Groups / "ID SCAN just scans the Talk Groups you entered..

Do you have the manual?

Is there a way to block the ones that I haven't programmed?

See page 27 of the MANUAL

using HOLD to monitor an active talk group ID Follow these steps to stop scanning and searching and keep the scanner tuned to a desired ID. 1. Press PAUSE. PAUSE appears and the scanner stays on the current ID. 2. If you want to listen to (and hold) a different ID, use the number keys to enter that ID. 3. Press PSE. ID Hold appears, and then the scanner monitor the ID. 4. Press PAUSE to resume scanning or searching for a data channel. locking out talk group IDs Many municipal and commercial services use trunk systems to transmit signals from such devices as water meter transmitters, door alarms, and traffic signals. Some signals are encrypted, as well, and most are not voice signals. Since all these are assigned IDs just like other users, you may want to lock out reception of these ID signals. The scanner allows that you lock out up to 50 IDs for each trunk scanning bank. If you use all the banks as trunking banks, you can lock out up to 2000 IDs at one time. Note: •If you lock out an ID while searching, it is also locked out of the scan list(s). See “using talk group ID lists.” To lock out an ID, press L/O when the ID appears. The ID is locked out, and the next active ID appears. •When you try to register more than 50 Talk Group ID, ID L/O Full! appears. unlocking a single talk group ID You can check all IDs already locked out. 1. Press FUNC, then press MAN/MENU to open menu mode.

budevans

W2PKS,

It sounds like you have the Private & Group Wildcards enabled. Look at your ScanList, they should be easy to see. Just delete them from the ScanList. Then save your changes and upload to your scanner.

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
See page 27 of the MANUAL
using HOLD to monitor an active talk group ID

After reading that, I don't believe that addresses the issue. I would like the scanner to only scan talkgroups that I have entered. That sounds like it would just let me monitor one talkgroup at a time and if I want to lock out other talkgroups, I have to go through and lock them out individually. That would require me to program every talkgroup, then lock out the ones I don't want. I don't know if what I'm looking for is possible.

I am not familiar with that scanner, but in the UNIDEN Scanners, there is a way to switch from ID SEARCH to ID Scan.

ID SEARCH searches for ALL Talk Groups / "ID SCAN just scans the Talk Groups you entered..

Do you have the manual?

I don't have the manual but I will see if I can find a reference to an ID Scan.

W2PKS,

It sounds like you have the Private & Group Wildcards enabled. Look at your ScanList, they should be easy to see. Just delete them from the ScanList. Then save your changes and upload to your scanner.

Can you elaborate on that? I don't see that in the programming software.

budevans

Well, that was fast... a search revealed what I was looking for. In ARC-160 I had to set the trunked settings to Closed.
Glad to see you found the answer.

I should have asked you what software you were using. The software I used in the past (WIN-500 & PSR-EDIT) both used Wildcards to accomplish the same thing.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
IIRC, the PRO-160 works much like the PRO-92 I had. No such thing as wildcards... you either had it set to open (the equivalent of the more current wildcard) or closed (scanning only those TGs you programmed).

Status
Not open for further replies.