PRO-160 w/ FleetNet (Ontario)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flatline

Premium Subscriber
I picked up a second hand Pro-160 and I'm having difficulty receiving FleetNet on it.

I have the channels inputted from my local tower, all set to MOT. I've double-checked the numbers to make sure they're in correctly.

I have the trunking set up:
Lower: 141.015 / Upper: 143.985 / Spacing: 15K / Offset: 380
Lower: 151.730 / Upper: 152.510 / Spacing: 15K / Offset: 579
Lower: 154.320 / Upper: 156.225 / Spacing: 15K / Offset: 632

I *can* pick up the local FD on VHF, so its not an antenna issue.

Yesterday if I touched the face of the scanner while it's working it did latch on to the trunked system and give me local EMS transmissions, but not today.

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious... TIA

Edit: It started working 30 seconds after I posted this... no idea what the problem was.

Last edited:

gary123

Check the CC for the tower your on. Having several towers programmed often causes the issue you are describing. Unless your mobile, programming in just the local tower would be your best choice. The same for TGs off that tower.

flatline

Premium Subscriber
Check the CC for the tower your on. Having several towers programmed often causes the issue you are describing. Unless your mobile, programming in just the local tower would be your best choice. The same for TGs off that tower.
Thanks for the tip... unfortunately I did only program for the local tower with the CC 1st.

Originally, it was in slot 01 with 00 empty (00 is Priority by default) but no change when I move the tower freqs up 1 so that the CC is on 00.

I *think* some other piece of electronics on my desk is causing interference. I moved the scanner to another wall (antenna is external) and it's working reliably now.

Status
Not open for further replies.