pro 162 bnc connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone who purchased this radio find that the bnc connector seems shorter than usual? I can use my austin condor antenna and spectra mobile and the 800 max system antenna. Most others dont go far down enough to snap on?? did I pick up a freak radio? I am not complaining because those are the best antennas I own but its very ODD!!

k9jdk

Has anyone who purchased this radio find that the bnc connector seems shorter than usual? I can use my austin condor antenna and spectra mobile and the 800 max system antenna. Most others dont go far down enough to snap on?? did I pick up a freak radio? I am not complaining because those are the best antennas I own but its very ODD!!

I have not noticed problems with the length of the BNC connector on my 162.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
No Problems here!

I have used several Diamond antennas as well as 2 different 800 MHZ duckie antennas. No problems at all.

Manny

Steve

The BNC connector is not shorter, it is recessed into the scanner. Several RS scanners made by Uniden have the recessed BNC connector. My Pro 94's, Pro 135, Pro 528 and others that I have owned it the past and have seen has this set-up.

Steve

Actually any antenna that doesn't have a covered BNC connector should work. I have a Condor and some other antennas that have the covered BNC and none with work on the 162 or the other scanners with the recessed BNC connector. But my antennas without the covered BNC work great. I mainly use a RS 800MHz duck, a couple "tall" antennas and a MAX800 (one with 3 down spikes and 1 up spike).

Status
Not open for further replies.