Pro 163 & 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick97454

Premium Subscriber
Was running a frequency search today and found a frequency during the search 461.420. well no problem saved into the channels it saved fine..I found it is a transport service for disabled citizens. So i decided to program it into my pro-163.My pro-164 found it in the search and saved it fine but what i notice now is that when i try to enter it manually into the 163 or through Win-97 it changes it to 461.41875. I dont understand why its doing that. I assume perhaps the radio wont accept which is the obvious thing but why would it save it from a search but wont let me enter it as a regular channel.

Hmm..or perhaps its not a conventional frequency..could be a trunked frequency maybe thats why its not letting me enter it in the conventional mode..Just a guess...

Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful..thanks

By the way Love The Site...And The Win-97 software..Anybody that is wondering if its worth the money.It is worth every penny

Last edited:

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Is the Zeromatic Tuning off? (On is "ZM" off is "zm"". If so, the radio stopped but did not adjust to the correct "True " center channel frequency per the band plan. To toggle the status, press FUNC then 0 when searching.

slick97454

Premium Subscriber
OK didnt think about that.It is on...On that thought...is that worth having on during searches?

I have always left it on but sometimes just as this is coming up it is difficult sometimes?

slick97454

Premium Subscriber
What is strange though i have been searching for quite some time now with it off i tried to put it back in and it wont go and i know that it is not going to let me but i am curious how it did that...I heard there communications all over that channel but sadly i cannot find anything even close to what this company is doing.i know im rambling about nothing just seems strange that i was hearing stuff on that frequency but now that the zerometric is off im finding tons of channels but none of them are that business..Is there any way to find out possibly if that channel is mirrored on another channel or something

Status
Not open for further replies.