pro 163 and 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

billwilliams

> Hi; I have a pro 163 and a pro 164.
> I know that you can press the trunk button to hold on an id, but is
> there a way to stop the scan and manually go to an id. The fire
> department that covers my area gets it's tone outs on their own
> frequency and I would like to be able to go to it and hold on it..
>

kilowa22

No you can not directly go to a TGID in 163 or 164. However you can use the sub banks and closed mode to only monitor one or a few TGID's in a system. You can easily accomplish this set up with the win97 software being enabling talkgroup sub banks.
Say for example you have one TGID you want to monitor. You could put it in a TG sub bank by itself and if you only want to monitor that TGID then you can turn off the other sub banks in the trunked system and put that bank in CLOSED mode.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Pro-163, pro-164, psr-400, psr-300

No you can not directly go to a TGID in 163 or 164.
kilowa22 you are incorrect!

Press MAN and go to the bank of the trunked system. Press FUNC TRUNK. Use the TRUNK, UP & DOWN arrows to navigate to the TG you want to hold on. Press FUNC TRUNK. The scanner will scan for a moment, and then be in hold mode.

I have found that the above does not work if the scanner has not yet determined which channel is the active control channel. But if you've been scanning, and then want to "go to a TGID", the procedure works fine.

kilowa22

Thanks for that update. and hint. I wasn't aware you could actually navigate on 163/164 to a unique TGID. I use my Uniden XT and 106 most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.