Pro-163 and EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm if the PRO-163 will work with an EDACS narrow system? I'm trying to program a scanner for a friend, and can't seem to get it right. Now I am starting to think this radio may not be able to follow the system he wants. If it helps, the system in question is the Verona New Jersey Trunked system. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

DickH

Can anyone confirm if the PRO-163 will work with an EDACS narrow system? I'm trying to program a scanner for a friend, and can't seem to get it right. Now I am starting to think this radio may not be able to follow the system he wants. If it helps, the system in question is the Verona New Jersey Trunked system. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark

Did you put the freqs. in the correct channels in your scanner as specified by the LCN (Logical Channel Number)? The channel numbers are denoted by the small number in front of each freq. in the database.

DickH

Also be sure you start w/ ch 01 NOT 00 when programming and follow the LCN from there.....

That's what the small 01 means that is in front of the first freq. in the database as I already explained to him.

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
After some research in the wiki, it appears that the 163 will not track edacs narrow systems. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.