PRO-163 and Viper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdoggg

Can a Radio Shack PRO-163 Scanner work for monitoring viper channels? Nash and Edgecombe county channels to be exact. I have programmed Rocky Mount Analog Motorola Type II Smartnet channels without any problems however I tried to program the viper channels the same way and it did not work. Can it be done or do I need a new scanner?

Thanks for any help!

KC4YIN

Premium Subscriber
Sorry but it will not. What you have is an analog only scanner. Viper is digital now. You will need a digital capable scanner.

SCPD

QRT
Partial solution, and help needed with same.

I have the same issue kind of... i have a partial solution also though. Just tap it and use DSD. It absolutely does work with VIPER, AT THE LEAST on a specific frequency at a time.... That being said, maybe you can help me with this next part.

I have it set up, and I can actually get voice (with pro-163 &pc) but i can't get the trunking to scan right for some reason. I have tried rebanded and normal with no luck. It definitely seems to be an issue in the scanner though or else it wouldn't work one freq at a time. it's like it doesn't lock on a frequency or something. It's mostly garbled crap but once in a while there is an audible word.... Again, one frequency at a time this is not an issue though.

Status
Not open for further replies.