PRO-163 Firmware Avail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenzen

Premium Subscriber
New to scanning and this forum, and enjoying both. I'm looking for someone who can send me the pdf and exe for upgrading my PRO-163 to 1.10 firmware. I'm only on 1.04 and I want to reband the scanner. If my research is correct, this wasn't supported until 1.06. The RS web site seems to be long gone in supporting this download.
Thanks!
Ken

kenzen

Premium Subscriber
Dispatch235 - thanks! I'll let you know how it goes.

buddrousa - I'm in Harford County MD. I'll probably use it up in Pike County PA as well. For now I'm looking to track local emergency response, but the bigger picture is I'm really in a "learning mode". I have it working for local EMS now, and the local airport, with the help of the ARC300 software and a cable. I'm diving into SWL as well, and bought a Grundig YB400 recently, and own a vintage Lafayette HE10 that's in mint condition. I'm experimenting at this point before I spend any real $$$ - best way to learn is to just through yourself into it.

Thanks for your replies!

hill

Premium Subscriber
It will work well in Pike County, since they are conventional based on the database on this site.

About the only thing can monitor in Harford County is Fire Dispatch on 460.600 with all other on the a digital system.

tvengr

Well Known Member
About the only thing can monitor in Harford County is Fire Dispatch on 460.600
That uses a 136.5 PL tone.
I'm experimenting at this point before I spend any real $$$ - best way to learn is to just through yourself into it.
Harford County uses a P25 simulcast system.. The only scanners that will work reliably with that system are the Uniden SDS100 handheld and SDS200 base/mobile. I monitor the system from my location using those scanners. No other scanner will work, including the Baltimore County system. The Unication G4 and G5 pagers are also excellent, but you can only scan one system at a time. I program scanners for Harford County firefighters and would be happy to help with your programming, including the surrounding jurisdictions. All of the systems in the area are 700/800 MHz. If you should purchase a SDS100, I would recommend the Remtronix REM-820S antenna. It works far better than the stock antenna.

Last edited:

kenzen

Premium Subscriber
hill - 136.5 is what I have working (and that's about it).

tvengr - thanks for the response - you probably saved me a few nights of research to make sense of the reality of my situation. Interesting only Uniden is reliably supporting this.

I'm also interested in monitoring Aberdeen Proving Ground (since I work there) - any advice/guidance for that area?

tvengr

Well Known Member
The SDS scanners will also do the APG system. Please check your PM. There is a small envelope on the upper right side of the page. Whistler attempted TRX-100 and TRX-200 scanners for simulcast, but could not get them to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.